Remove Google from Thunderbird.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

Remove Google from Thunderbird.

Post by walkerpbus »

I'm using Version 68 & Google is involved always asking for the password: Is there any way to get it out? It seems to happen every day that it wants a new one.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Re: GRemove google from Thunerbird

Post by DanRaisch »

When Thunderbird displays the password entry dialogue there is a check box included in that to cause Thunderbird to remember the password for later automatic entry. Are you checking that box?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:When Thunderbird displays the password entry dialogue there is a check box included in that to cause Thunderbird to remember the password for later automatic entry. Are you checking that box?
Google has a password twice (My wife's email) which forces me to guess because the right answer & Thunderbird & Microsoft collaborate & it wastes time :?
another question . Is Mozbackup supported?
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

* Without posting your full email address, what settings do you have under menu path Tools->Account Settings Server Settings:
Server name:
Port # :
User name : (Is it your full name or just the bit before the @ symbol)
Connection Security:
Authentication Method:
Is Mozbackup supported?
That software is no longer being maintained by the author, if that is what you were asking.
tanstaafl

Re: Remove Google from Thunderbird.

Post by tanstaafl »

"which forces me to guess because the right answer & Thunderbird & Microsoft collaborate & it wastes time"

How does Microsoft get involved? Are you having a password problem with both a gmail and a hotmail/outlook account in Thunderbird?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:* Without posting your full email address, what settings do you have under menu path Tools->Account Settings Server Settings:
Server name:
Port # :
Connection Security:
Authentication Method:

quote] Is Mozbackup supported?
That software is no longer being maintained by the author, if that is what you were asking.[/quote]
TY sir, ma,am
server mame: imap.gmail.com,Port #:993
check for:new messages: 1.,on startup, 2.new messages every 10 minutes. 3. allow immediate server notification when messages are deleted: (I don't delete them anyway). clicking on advanced, The imap server us blank: is that the problem?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:* Without posting your full email address, what settings do you have under menu path Tools->Account Settings Server Settings:
Server name:
Port # :
Connection Security:
Authentication Method:
Is Mozbackup supported?
That software is no longer being maintained by the author, if that is what you were asking.
Wasn't there an update several years later?. It works on Thunderbird but seems to fail on Firefox
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"clicking on advanced, The imap server us blank: is that the problem"

I think you meant that the "IMAP server directory" is blank. That is normal.

I have Gmail, Fastmail, Outlook, Comcast, Yahoo, Vivalid and Zoho IMAP accounts with that field blank.Its a optional field. The only time I've ever used that field was many years ago when entering [Gmail] in it for a Gmail IMAP account would change the Gmail folder hierarchy in the folder pane, making it more "normal". That doesn't work anymore. AFAIK you never needed to fill in that field (for any email provider) to get the account to work, it was just for tweaking stuff.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Wasn't there an update several years later?. It works on Thunderbird but seems to fail on Firefox"

The last release was the 1.5.2 beta 1 on May 6th, 2012.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=MozBackup suggests "Use Mozbackup 1.5.2 Beta 1 (there is a download link for it in the News section) rather than the version available at the normal download link. Mozbackup 1.5.1 usually works fine but a few users have had problems where it doesn't backup everything it is supposed to. The beta doesn't seem to have that problem. While Mozbackup is extremely popular in the forums, it's no longer maintained. Its recommended that you verify that you can restore a backup it creates before relying upon it."

I don't know if the changes added in Thunderbird 68.0 were it adds a lock to profiles.ini have any effect on Mozbackup.