Audio/Video V 70.0 Win10 Updates

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
BuzWeaver

Audio/Video V 70.0 Win10 Updates

Post by BuzWeaver »

Last week I did a manual load of Win10 Accumulative update from May (Major Updates) and the most recent October Updates and since then I'm getting popping/clicking in FF audio along with occasional video stutter. This all mainly seems to be happening with YouTube and or other embedded video (social media platforms and news articles). I do not have an issue with any of my video players or when gaming, just popping/clicking on FF while watching videos. I've done a complete un-install and folder removal. Then a fresh load of FF without Addons. This mainly seems to be happening with my Plantonic headsets. My analog headsets and Corsair USB Wireless dongle/headsets aren't having issues. This of course doesn't explain the occasional video lockup though. I've run this by the Win10 forums and Plantonics, but all they can say is that its a known issue, heh. This also happens on Chrome and Edge too.
Brummelchen

Re: Audio/Video V 70.0 Win10 Updates

Post by Brummelchen »

I've run this by the Win10 forums and Plantonics, but all they can say is that its a known issue
as you write yourself that is a matter of windows and not firefox, also as it happens to all browsers.
if it might special to plantronics you should contact manufacturer and ask for a driver update.
but i have doubt because i have plantronics as a cheap manufacturer in mind.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Tech as this is obviously not a Firefox bug.
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

Brummelchen wrote:
I've run this by the Win10 forums and Plantonics, but all they can say is that its a known issue
as you write yourself that is a matter of windows and not firefox, also as it happens to all browsers.
if it might special to plantronics you should contact manufacturer and ask for a driver update.
but i have doubt because i have plantronics as a cheap manufacturer in mind.

I have the 478 model that has built in Drivers. I've checked with Plantronics and as a result of the unit have built in drivers there isn't anything I can download.
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to MozillaZine Tech as this is obviously not a Firefox bug.
Thanks.