I want Firefox NOT to download.....

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TDV

I want Firefox NOT to download.....

Post by TDV »

After updating to 68.2.0esr Fire fox has changed a few things once again without asking. I am using IDM for my downloads, but find that Firefox grabs them without asking.
It also messed around with my extensions.... And it chnages my download folder!

How can I change back to letting IDM download files? Where do I set the download folder back?

Thanks
Brummelchen

Re: I want Firefox NOT to download.....

Post by Brummelchen »

Tell that idm extension
TDV

Post by TDV »

Brummelchen wrote:Tell that idm extension
??????
TDV

Firefox update changed my homepage...

Post by TDV »

I have used an extension "Bookmark Dial" as my homepage for many years. Ff has not just removed it as my homepage, it also has the extension disabled. I can manually enable it again, but cannot find a way to use it as my homepage....

Is there still a way to do that?

Thanks
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Firefox has no problem with downloads, but code changed so download extensions like idm dont work properly, see also download manager s3.

Firefox disables extension for several resons, could be adware, read comments on homepage please
TDV

Post by TDV »

Brummelchen wrote:Firefox has no problem with downloads, but code changed so download extensions like idm dont work properly, see also download manager s3.

Firefox disables extension for several resons, could be adware, read comments on homepage please
Firefox HAS a problem with downloads, and now I HAVE a problem with downloads, because Firefox interferes with my extensions.... I am not interested in what problems Firefox has with extensions like IDM or Bookmark Dial. I simple want them to stop doing me favors-

And my question here was, what do I do to return my computer to the state before Firefox "helped" me...
kerft

Post by kerft »

Unless IDM is able to fix it with their extension there may not be a solution. They say to try updating IDM and re-installing their extension http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/ ... q/bi4.html
A webextensions reboot of DownThemAll was released, it has some limitations old versions did not. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... wnthemall/
therube

Post by therube »

After updating to 68.2.0esr
What did you update from?

[OT]
A webextensions reboot of DownThemAll was released, it has some limitations
"Limitations" is quite the understatement.
[/OT]
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
TDV

Post by TDV »

kerft wrote:Unless IDM is able to fix it with their extension there may not be a solution. They say to try updating IDM and re-installing their extension http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/ ... q/bi4.html
A webextensions reboot of DownThemAll was released, it has some limitations old versions did not. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... wnthemall/
Thanks... I read that too and and re-installed the 3.xpi twice.

I concentrate my search now on which OLD version of Firefox most people use, who are sick of the updates, and have had no security problems with it.

Sometimes I wonder is Ff really worth the trouble, just because it always seems less terrible than all the others...
TDV

Post by TDV »

therube wrote:
After updating to 68.2.0esr
What did you update from?

[OT]
A webextensions reboot of DownThemAll was released, it has some limitations
"Limitations" is quite the understatement.
[/OT]

I assume from the last one before that....
TDV

Post by TDV »

ANOTHER problem...
My ImTranslator add on has vanished. Is there a way to get that from the net and install it directly?

I need a translator and i most certainly do not want anything google
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

TDV

Post by TDV »

Thank you so much, my bad, the Google in the beginning made me miss it...

As it still exists, why did the Ff update remove this extension?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

not as extension but everywhere usable when marking text: Q-Translate (portable)
https://quest-app.appspot.com/

Microsoft is best for technical translations, google not, DeepL is between both.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Since it disappeared we can't be sure but it may have been an older version of the extension that was not compatible with the update. Normally there should just have been an installation of the newer extension version but in this case it seems that did not work.