Dead E-Mail Links Within a TB Message (60.9)

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
orealius

Dead E-Mail Links Within a TB Message (60.9)

Post by orealius »

I notice that some e-mail addresses within a TB message will only open up to the "compose" option while others can only open to that option by rt. clicking 'compose e-mail to.' Wondering if this is a bug, or a problem with the e-mail links themselves? Checked the same links in Juno, Comcast and G-Mail Web accounts and these same e-mail links will open up with a simple left-click. Minor problem, but appears to be a TB Bug.
orealius

Re: Dead E-Mail Links Within a TB Message (60.9)

Post by orealius »

I can forward an e-mail with an example of a 'dead e-mail link" specific to TB if anyone is interested looking into this. Of course, I will need an address to send it to.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Are the ones that do open the compose window mailto: addresses, and the ones that don't open the compose window not mailto: links?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
orealius

Post by orealius »

I’m not sure I can differentiate between the ones that work in the ones that don’t. They both look what common email links. Is there a way to do that?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

orealius wrote:I’m not sure I can differentiate between the ones that work in the ones that don’t. They both look what common email links. Is there a way to do that?
I would use More > View Source from the message header.
orealius

Post by orealius »

I would use More > View Source from the message header.[/quote]Here's what came up for an example of a non-working (left-click) e-mail link within an e-mail:

a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:norcalshambhala@gmail.com"><norcalshambhala@gmail.com></a></td>

Does this make sense to you?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

orealius wrote:I would use More > View Source from the message header.
Here's what came up for an example of a non-working (left-click) e-mail link within an e-mail:

a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:norcalshambhala@gmail.com"><norcalshambhala@gmail.com></a></td>

Does this make sense to you?[/quote]

Well if it is one that isn't working, it is because the "a class=" doesn't start with a <.

It should be, <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:norcalshambhala@gmail.com"><norcalshambhala@gmail.com></a>. That works as a mailto: link to open a compose window in a test email saved as a draft for me.

Also works in the account I sent the message to as a test.