Email replies are blue 2.49.5 OSX

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
seedy

Email replies are blue 2.49.5 OSX

Post by seedy »

Updated to 2.49.5 after updating to OX X 10.9 and email replies show original message in blue. Doing some searching finds nothing recent.

Is there a way to be back in black?
therube

Re: Email replies are blue 2.49.5 OSX

Post by therube »

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?

Not familiar with Mail, but see what Edit | Preferences | Appearance -> Colors, shows/does?

Looks like, Mail & Newsgroups | Message Display, also has a "color" in there (for quoted messages).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
seedy

Re: Email replies are blue 2.49.5 OSX

Post by seedy »

Thank you therube, I tried looking in that section of prefs, all set to be black on white.

I decided to try something; when I send myself an email in SM, then reply, the reply shows quoted sender text in blue while composing, but in the received reply message that text is in black. I just tried it back and forth with gmail, same result.

I'm guessing that this is a way for someone replying to differentiate between their reply while composing. Sorry to waste your time, I've been selecting all and changing the color for no reason since I upgraded from 2.42a2.

:^)