Password Reset Question

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wpr

Password Reset Question

Post by wpr »

I am a devoted SeaMonkey user, only using Firefox when a site will not work in SM. I'm using Firefox Portable, v70.0 .

I recently received an email from Firefox telling how Firefox is so great at privacy. I attempted to log into its web site to modify my email settings but I had no password saved for it. I then select the Reset Password option, but when I clicked on the link, the resulting page showed this warning:

REMEMBER: When you reset your password, you reset your account. You may lose some of your personal information (including history, bookmarks, and passwords). That’s because we encrypt your data with your password to protect your privacy.

If I elect to reset my password, even though I do not seem to have one set, will this really delete all my bookmarks and passwords?

Thanks for any info.
therube

Re: Password Reset Question

Post by therube »

Answer to your question, no clue.

But if this, Mozilla started sending newsletters and requires me to log in to unsubscribe., is the issue, then maybe you'll be able to work around it, in the near future?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Sync and Firefox Account uses a password, even though you may not remember setting a password.
When you reset the password for a Firefox Account all your Firefox data saved on the Sync server is deleted, but that data won't be touched on any of the devices you have connected to that Sync account.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

See also:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/newsletter/recovery/

(you may have to be patient to get an email)