How to turn off monitoring. ?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TDV

How to turn off monitoring. ?

Post by TDV »

Every time, when I turn on Ff 68.2.0esr, I can see when then checking at ccleaner "Start Up", Ff Monitor is tuned backed ON, and that at every start up of Ff. No matter how often I disable it.

How do I stop this ?

Thanks
TheVisitor

Re: How to turn off monitoring. ?

Post by TheVisitor »

Read about Monitor here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... tor-alerts

Seems you can opt-out through your Firefox Account... which I have personally never seen a need for.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

TheVisitor wrote:Read about Monitor here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... tor-alerts

Seems you can opt-out through your Firefox Account... which I have personally never seen a need for.
Yes too much like big brother for my liking as well
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Dont use ccleaner, simple as that
TDV

Post by TDV »

TheVisitor wrote:Read about Monitor here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... tor-alerts

Thank you. This garbage gets more and more insulting.... Of course I would never sign up with these *********
There must be a way in the firewall settings to block any contact to Ff monitoring, I will look if I can find something.
TDV

Post by TDV »

Brummelchen wrote:Dont use ccleaner, simple as that
Sure, if you could recommend an alternative, that does what ccleaner does, it would actually be an intelligent answer.
Porblem is... there is not.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

dont use ccleaner on firefox, never. this no answer by accident, this is general experience. and there is no alternative, firefox owns every solution to clean up itself. if you would let us know what ccleaner is doing for you on firefox then we can give you the better solution. losing settings could be related to a defective profile - due eg. ccleaner.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

How were you turning off Firefox Monitor? Was it:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste fxmon and pause while the list is filtered

(3) If the extensions.fxmonitor.enabled preference is set to true, double-click it to switch the value from true to false
TDV

Post by TDV »

jscher2000 wrote:How were you turning off Firefox Monitor? Was it:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste fxmon and pause while the list is filtered

(3) If the extensions.fxmonitor.enabled preference is set to true, double-click it to switch the value from true to false

Thanks you, I have already done that of course. But here are the two items I found:

services.settings.main.fxmonitor-breaches.last_check; modified integer 1573718441

And the there is: extensions.webextensions.uuids; with a long list of items, like fxmonitor:

{"....."fxmonitor@mozilla.org":"ce8037f6-ef67-46e7-9103-af8c8d27853e","webcompat-reporter@mozilla.org":"274ee85c-10c6-4e2d-83f2-a37023eecd02","default-theme@mozilla.org":"aa71cbcd-e34e-4eba-8022-2043d6154af0","amazondotcom@search.mozilla.org":"ee1ff02f-7ed0-4f90-993e-d32ac5c7bc23","bing@search.mozilla.org":"2617cbad-af64-4dbf-8f24-ca15a655fd97","google@search.mozilla.org":"262ba41e-750a-4cdd-b852-9c7ed27f54b8","twitter@search.mozilla.org":"b193896b-a404-42dc-a77a-dfbc3fd9d797","wikipedia@search.mozilla.org":"040af13d-cbf5-4222-a7c6-80e5eb527835","ddg@search.mozilla.org":"c3693e7b-6fab-4a23-b1ea-e989a3099c41"}

Do I delete complete items like "fxmonitor@mozilla.org":"ce8037f6-ef67-46e7-9103-af8c8d27853e", or how do I deal with items I want to completly disable?
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

I wouldn't bother deleting an id from the list, but do you have that extension installed? If it's not on the Add-ons page, Extensions list, check the Troubleshooting Information page (about:support) in the Features table.
TDV

Post by TDV »

jscher2000 wrote:I wouldn't bother deleting an id from the list, but do you have that extension installed? If it's not on the Add-ons page, Extensions list, check the Troubleshooting Information page (about:support) in the Features table.
Surry, but...Do I have WHICH extension installed?
Anyway, In the past few years it is usually Firefox who decides what extension gets installed.
And usually they are not the ones I want installed...

Which is why I am asking this question.
therube

Post by therube »

I don't know what FF "monitor" is.
It appears that I don't have it (as an extension or by other means, whatever that may mean?).
(Likewise I have no FF "account" or "sync" or anything else "FF" - except for the browser itself.)

That said, I do have services.settings.main.fxmonitor-breaches.last_check, with some number in there.
I consider that "bloat", whatever it is.
And if it can be turned off - altogether, that would be nice to do.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

this is "firefox monitor"
https://monitor.firefox.com/

same as manual: https://sec.hpi.de/ilc/search

i dont see any options in my firefox account, so i do not use it, not even close to automatic, dunno why he has issues.
TDV

Post by TDV »

Brummelchen wrote:this is "firefox monitor"
https://monitor.firefox.com/

same as manual: https://sec.hpi.de/ilc/search

i dont see any options in my firefox account, so i do not use it, not even close to automatic, dunno why he has issues.
It is a usual with Mozilla automatically activated... See the "fxmonitor@mozilla.org" in my list up there?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

thats only the system extension to make it available in firefox, not more. if that was your question at least - firefox owns several system extensions - only the opt-in to use it, all disabled by default (except screenshot).