outlook.com showing broken images in firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ydaltak

outlook.com showing broken images in firefox

Post by ydaltak »

some of my incoming mail in outlook.com displays a broken icon where the graphic should display. the same email in chrome will display properly. is there a setting in firefox that i need to change? very frustrating..... :(
therube

Re: outlook.com showing broken images in firefox

Post by therube »

(I'll assume you've restarted FF into Safe Mode & the problem persists.)

Only guessing, but try...

about:preferences#privacy -> Enhanced Tracking Protection -> Custom & uncheck all the settings there?

If that doesn't help, go back & set that preference back to where it was (which I'll assume was 'Standard').
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can also check "Tools -> Page Info -> Media" and the Web Console for possible messages about blocked content.
If you have content blocking extensions then make sure they do not block these images.
ydaltak

Post by ydaltak »

therube wrote:(I'll assume you've restarted FF into Safe Mode & the problem persists.)
about:preferences#privacy -> Enhanced Tracking Protection -> Custom & uncheck all the settings there?
If that doesn't help, go back & set that preference back to where it was (which I'll assume was 'Standard').
so far, this seems to make things work correctly. i had to change the setting back to standard and now those problem emails show all their graphics. i'll keep an eye on this for a few days to see if the problem is gone. thanks so much! =D>
ydaltak

Post by ydaltak »

ydaltak wrote:
therube wrote:(I'll assume you've restarted FF into Safe Mode & the problem persists.)
so far, this seems to make things work correctly. i had to change the setting back to standard and now those problem emails show all their graphics. i'll keep an eye on this for a few days to see if the problem is gone. thanks so much! =D>
nope, some of my email is now showing graphics instead of a broken link, but some are still showing the broken graphic. heck! #-o