Be forewarned--FF 71 moves your tabs again

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bob c

Be forewarned--FF 71 moves your tabs again

Post by bob c »

Title says it all.

Edit--that is if you have them moved down, like I did. I reverted back to 70.0.1--until someone will state if it can be fixed again, or the code is now stuck forever with the tabs up top.
WaltS48

Re: Be forewarned--FF 71 moves your tabs again

Post by WaltS48 »

bob c wrote:Title says it all.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Still in the same place for me in the release, beta and nightly. Always have been.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
bob c

Post by bob c »

WaltS48 wrote:
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Still in the same place for me in the release, beta and nightly. Always have been.

Where are they in your FF. I had mine, the tab bar and tabs below the other bars, right below the bookmarks bar. 71 moved them up below the menu bar, which IMO, is crazy, the web page is down below, the web page tabs should be right above the web page, not up below the menu bar. IMO. everybody has their own desire though, why it should be customizable. IMO
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can check my reply in this thread.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3057140
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

my tabs are always on top, as ever, as usual.
but firefox changed code again so expect the unexpected when using not known styles.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Brummelchen wrote:my tabs are always on top, as ever, as usual.
No they weren't always on top, and if MozCo moved them to the planet Mars (for security reasons) you'd be supporting their decision...Keep drinking the Moz-Aid and spouting the 'customizable browser' BS.
@Way to go HRH Baker and Co, your market share is now 8.15%, down from around 10% a year ago, guess the 'privacy crusade's' a winning policy, NO other business would tolerate such incompetence, heads would roll.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

mightyglydd wrote:
Brummelchen wrote:my tabs are always on top, as ever, as usual.
No they weren't always on top, ...
You're right! Firefox 4.0 (10.2006 with the orange "Firefox" button menu scheme) was when "Tabs on Top" became the default, and had the Menu option for 'tabs on bottom' until that preference was removed in Firefox 29 Australis (04.2014). Then user's who wanted that older UI had to resort to using an extension, which was lo longer available with Firefox 57 Quantum (11.2017).

How time files when you're having fun ...NOT.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

the-edmeister wrote:Firefox 4.0 (10.2006 with the orange "Firefox" button menu scheme) was when "Tabs on Top" became the default, and had the Menu option for 'tabs on bottom' until that preference was removed in Firefox 29 Australis (04.2014).
It would have been simpler to say monkey see, monkey do :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmgtW2Iw-kE
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Franpa

Post by Franpa »

In response to the final comment of that report, I made this: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1601164
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi)|16GB 3600MHz RAM|Nvidia Geforce 1070Ti 8GB|Corsair AX760 Power Supply
bob c

Post by bob c »

dickvl wrote:You can check my reply in this thread.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3057140

Thanks just what was needed-that 1 line- "display: block !important;" all the other code was there. Thanks
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Franpa wrote:
In response to the final comment of that report, I made this: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1601164
Already marked as WONTFIX.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Pity 'bout that.
I much prefer the tabs adjacent to the work pane/window.
Thanks dickvl, for the updated code.

Lets hope that "they" DO NOT remove the userChrome & userContent options for changing/re-arranging things that "they" consider
to be "normal" & that everyone is happy to go along with "their" choice of what the UI should look like.
Tabs in the "middle" of all those bars are just not as usable as tabs on the bottom & are confusing & ugly.

It used to be the most configurable browser around.
Why the H#$& are "they" dumbing it down....just to look like Chrome?

Just go back to being the innovator that Firefox was originally.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
arturox

Post by arturox »

Edit--that is if you have them moved down, like I did. I reverted back to 70.0.1--until someone will state if it can be fixed again, or the code is now stuck forever with the tabs up top.
Yes that really annoyed me earlier today (UK time) when my Laptop updated to version 71.

Again, again, again. Why the (Unmentionable word) don't they stop messin' with it or make it configurable.

Thankfully there is a fix at:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1274197

I used it to update three Firefox 71 installs and they all now Tabs below okay.

Ax
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

LIMPET235 wrote:Why the H#$& are "they" dumbing it down....just to look like Chrome?
It's arrogance, there's STILL no option to move the hamburger button to the left (which takes a couple of lines of 'css).
One would expect unmovable buttons on Chrome but to do the same thing with Fx ......... :roll:
Lets keep our focus on the important things..Ghacks "Mozilla launches Firefox Private Network VPN for $4.99 per month".