Be forewarned--FF 71 moves your tabs again

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dickvl

Re: Be forewarned--FF 71 moves your tabs again

Post by dickvl »

When I move the "3-bar" Firefox menu button to the left via -moz-box-ordinal-group:0 then I have the problem that the drop-down list still open to the left and is thus outside the Firefox window.
I haven't been able to modify the alignment of the arrow from right (after_end) to left (after_start) as this is done via an attribute set via JavaScript (arrowposition="after_end") and not by CSS code.

Anybody know a way of how to fix this and make the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down list open within the Firefox window ?

This works properly with the developer tools button in the left position (arrowposition="after_start") and in the right position (arrowposition="after_end") as moved via customize mode, but apparently not when you move an item via -moz-box-ordinal-group.

Is there another way to move the "3-bar" Firefox menu button to the left end via CSS?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Sounds like it needs some form of left or right justification factor, maybe a negative window location. Like a text justification, r,l,c.
is "layout.css.text-justify.enabled" ??
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
alpine5536

Post by alpine5536 »

Not only did 71 trash my userchrome and all my custom settings, it completely changed the appearance of my user interface. Looks like Mozilla is taking update lessons from Microsoft. No more updates for me, extensions only. I had to recover with an image to get a decent browser back. If anyone from Mozilla is reading this, there's an old saying. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

dickvl wrote:Anybody know a way of how to fix this and make the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down list open within the Firefox window ?
When I used to bring stuff right out of the addressbar, I used the heavy artillery of moz-margin-start and -moz-margin-end to force it out (both are needed). Maybe that would work here?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
ghot

Post by ghot »

Just so ya know it's possible with FF 71.0 I'm on Win 7 x64 (set to classic view). I'm using: custom_css_for_fx_v2.7.9.zip from...

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSfor ... /tag/2.7.9

It seems they are up to version 2.9.0, but 2.7.9 is working for me.

/edit Here's the main release page; https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/releases

On the Customize screen, I check marked the Title Bar box, and the Menu Bar option (only). I set the Density to "Compact"

/edit 2 I just switched to the 2.90 version and all I had to do was hide the Hamburger button. I just set it like the old 2.79 version, and then hid the Hamburger Button. I know this isn't as easy as just a few lines of code, but I like it better.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

OK Frank, how hard, in terms of passwords and bookmarks would it be for an old fart like me to convert to Seamonkey?

I'm going to preview the portable version and will be back Saturday to read responses.

EDIT: Frank, did some quick reading here, and on the weekend I'm using what's already posted and converting to SeaMonkey,
as two of my favourite extensions, ABP and NoScript are available for it.
Tired of the FF team changing things on me.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Mozilla is not responsible for your tweaks. Mozilla is converting all code to xhtml and kick off xul, so changes are to expect!
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

Brummelchen wrote:Mozilla is not responsible for your tweaks. Mozilla is converting all code to xhtml and kick off xul, so changes are to expect!
If you can't be constructive to those of us who like our tabs below the address bar, then;
https: youtube.com/watch?v=nc_LIR5ExIU&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by LIMPET235 on December 6th, 2019, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: A little link editing. (In appropriate content & comment.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Mudder wrote:OK Frank, how hard, in terms of passwords and bookmarks would it be for an old fart like me to convert to Seamonkey?
I don't follow what Firefox are up to these days, but there's this for it for exporting passwords - https://github.com/kspearrin/ff-passwor ... /README.md (SM also has an extension for import/exporting them).

For Firefox bookmarks you can always just export them as HTML and import that into SM or there may be a Firefox extension that exports the places.sqlite that would grab bookmarks, history, etc.

There are a couple of easy things to do on SM itself that make it much more usable to new users, but that's better off being discussed in the SeaMonkey forums.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

Frank Lion wrote: There are a couple of easy things to do on SM itself that make it much more usable to new users, but that's better off being discussed in the SeaMonkey forums.
dickvl wrote:You also need to add a display: block !important; property to this rule for Firefox 70 and later:

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar {
 display: block !important;
 position: absolute !important;
 bottom: 0 !important;
 width: 100vw !important;
}
Frank...gave up trying to find NoScript and ABP for Seamonkey, after I applied this fix, my tabs are where I want them again.
Still DO NOT appreciate Brummelchen's arrogant and non-constructive comments. Nor LIMPET235's interference in my justified angry response.
Line "display: block !important; " was the 'important' factor, it was absent from my previous incarnation of Aris' script.

I think I'll send some donation money to the creators of K-Meleon, who saw fit to still support XP {which I still use on my "TV" / PVR setup} .
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

[quote="therube"][/quote]

Thanks, will go for it on weekend.