2 addresses

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

Re: 2 addresses

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:"2 accounts my wife & I but TBird only accepts mine now & It rejects any attempt with "Incoming server already exists". There are no messages ZERO no old & new."

If you each have a Gmail IMAP account why are you trying to add a account? It sounds like you are having a problem with your inbox and your reaction is to try to add the account again (and failing because its a duplicate of an existing account).

If you select another folder than the inbox can you see messages in the folder listing?

Can you open and read one of the old messages in a folder other than the inbox?

As a sanity check that your username/password is still good by logging into Gmail webmail using a browser (if you haven't already done that) and check that you can see some messages in the inbox. I assume you're not configured for two step verification (i.e. you didn't have to create a app. password to use instead of your accounts password)

Diagnostic: "Unable to login at server, Probably wrong configuration username or password"
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:"2 accounts my wife & I but TBird only accepts mine now & It rejects any attempt with "Incoming server already exists". There are no messages ZERO no old & new."

If you each have a Gmail IMAP account why are you trying to add a account? It sounds like you are having a problem with your inbox and your reaction is to try to add the account again (and failing because its a duplicate of an existing account).

If you select another folder than the inbox can you see messages in the folder listing?

Can you open and read one of the old messages in a folder other than the inbox?

As a sanity check that your username/password is still good by logging into Gmail webmail using a browser (if you haven't already done that) and check that you can see some messages in the inbox. I assume you're not configured for two step verification (i.e. you didn't have to create a app. password to use instead of your accounts password)
Dear tanstaafl I'll answer in the question order: We both have GMAILs to match our cellphone numbers. Though much of our TBird inbox is the same, she has some correspondents who are different who don't email me: most are females. "select another folder" don't know what it means. Pardon my ignorance but I don't know how to fix it.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

""select another folder" don't know what it means. "

Click on a different folder (than the inbox) in the folder pane. That will change what folder the folder listing on the right is for. I'm basically suggesting you try to read a old mail in another folder to see whether or not your problem is inbox specific.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:""select another folder" don't know what it means. "

Click on a different folder (than the inbox) in the folder pane. That will change what folder the folder listing on the right is for. I'm basically suggesting you try to read a old mail in another folder to see whether or not your problem is inbox specific.
Thanks.I can send email to the 2nd account. But the main problem is I want but a the 2nd be more than a receptor email address be also a sender. What's next?

ID Incoming server Outgoing servers
Name Connection security Authentication method Name Connection security Authentication method Default?
account2 (none) Local Folders None Normal password
account4 (imap) imap.gmail.com:993 SSL/TLS OAuth2 smtp.gmail.com:465 SSL/TLS OAuth2
when I try to set io "setup an existing emaikl account" I Get err message "Unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration os username or password."
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"But the main problem is I want but a the 2nd be more than a receptor email address be also a sender. What's next?"

Whats preventing you from selecting her account when sending, if you want to use its From: address? All you need to do is select a folder in her account in the folder pane before pressing the Write button. That account should have its own smtp server entry (automatically created when you added the account using the new account wizard).

You used to have the two gmail accounts you needed but in your last post it looks like you deleted one of them (again).

Another solution would be to add each accounts email address as a multiple identity in the other account, so that each of you can select the others From: address from the drop down list box when sending. A "multiple identity" is basically a alias.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Multiple_iden ... il_account
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

https://github.com/kewisch/gdata-provider/issues/26 states "It appears that google has just changed their oauth process and started rejecting oauth requests based on the User-Agent header. Changing "general.useragent.compatMode.firefox" preference to true fixes the issue, google authentication works again."

Since you are using OAuth2 this might be causing your ""Unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration os username or password."" error.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 592407#c22
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Application Basics

Name: Thunderbird
Version: 68.2.2
Build ID: 20191105113228

Update Channel: release
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.2.2

Launcher Process: Enabled
Multiprocess Windows: 0/0
Disabled
Remote Processes: 0
Enterprise Policies: Inactive
Google Location Service Key: Missing
Google Safebrowsing Key: Missing
Mozilla Location Service Key: Missing
Safe Mode: false

Mail and News Accounts
account2:
INCOMING: account2, , (none) Local Folders, plain, passwordCleartext

account4:
INCOMING: account4, , (imap) imap.gmail.com:993, SSL, OAuth2
OUTGOING: , smtp.gmail.com:465, SSL, OAuth2, true

Crash Reports for the Last 3 Days

Remote Processes

Type: Count

Extensions

Name
Version
Enabled
ID

Amazon.com
true
amazondotcom@search.mozilla.org

Bing
true
bing@search.mozilla.org

DuckDuckGo
true
ddg@search.mozilla.org

Google
true
google@search.mozilla.org

Grammar Checker
true
grammarchecker@codedgers.com

Lightning
true
{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}

Lightning Calendar Tabs
true
lightningcalendartabs@jlx.84

LookOut (fix version)
true
lookout@s3_fix_version

Open Google Calendar
true
opengooglecalendar@glicer

Provider for Google Calendar
true
{a62ef8ec-5fdc-40c2-873c-223b8a6925cc}

Quicktext
true
{8845E3B3-E8FB-40E2-95E9-EC40294818C4}

Signature Switch
true
{2ab1b709-ba03-4361-abf9-c50b964ff75d}

TbSync
true
tbsync@jobisoft.de

ThunderHTMLedit
true
jorgk@thunderHTMLedit

Twitter
true
twitter@search.mozilla.org

Wikipedia (en)
true
wikipedia@search.mozilla.org

Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV
false
dav4tbsync@jobisoft.de

Security Software

Type: Name

Antivirus: Windows Defender Antivirus
Antispyware:
Firewall: Windows Firewall

[edited by moderator - tanstaafl - to eliminate useless info]
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The Open Google calendar add-on doesn't support version 68 according to the add-ons web page.

Did you set general.useragent.compatMode.firefox true?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:The Open Google calendar add-on doesn't support version 68 according to the add-ons web page.

Did you set general.useragent.compatMode.firefox true?
I'm confused: how does that relate to my gooal of 2 emails?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I mentioned the open google calendar add-on only because there might be bad side effects from it not supporting your version.

Setting general.useragent.compatMode.firefox true effects whether OAuth2 authentication works, which might be why you can't add the second gmail account again.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

[quote="tanstaafl"]I mentioned the open google calendar add-on only because there might be bad side effects from it not supporting your version.

Setting general.useragent.compatMode.firefox true effects whether OAuth2 authentication works, which might be why you can't add the second gmail account again.[/quote
" general.useragent.compatMode.firefox " ??? Okay, how/whats that got to do with TBird?]
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Okay, how/whats that got to do with TBird?"

You're using OAuth2 with your Gmail accounts. Don't get hung up on the string firefox being in the settings name.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:"Okay, how/whats that got to do with TBird?"

You're using OAuth2 with your Gmail accounts. Don't get hung up on the string firefox being in the settings name.
"string firefox being in the settings name"=1. I don't understand?. 2,I can't add the settings for itr
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thunderbird menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->General->click on the "Config Editor" button. In the "Search" field enter the string referred to above: general.useragent.compatMode.firefox which will cause Thunderbird to display that entry. Does is show as True or False?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:Thunderbird menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->General
->click on the "Config Editor" button. In the "Search" field enter the string referred to above: general.useragent.compatMode.firefox which will cause Thunderbird to display that entry. Does is show as True or False?
i couldn't find the string you mentioned if it was general.useragent.compatMode.firefox. I did find my wife's email address.
Last edited by walkerpbus on December 6th, 2019, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.