[EXT] S3.Translator

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Factor77

Re: [EXT] S3.Translator

Post by Factor77 »

dukdukgoos wrote:S3.Translator has been completely blocked in Firefox due to security violation!

https://blocked.cdn.mozilla.net/eac7bf1 ... a1ce8.html
Thanks for the link :) .

----------------------------------------

What does "ancillary" mean in Spanish? With this add-on you only have to mark it with the mouse and click on a small icon. What do we have to do now to do this? Is it the same for a paragraph or a web page?

I sometimes see that banners of any site show products that I have visited. It might be annoying but we're grown-up people. We have free access to a lot of free content that for sure isn't free in costs and salaries. I hope "ancilliary" means something really serious, otherwise this is a cacicada :( .
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

DavidGB wrote:I'm not bothered about Firefox, where there are any number of alternatives and I didn't use S3 anyway - I use 'Google Translator for Firefox' extension and/or a Google Translate link in ContextSearch web-ext. I AM bothered about Thunderbird, where there is no alternative at all - not one.
You are so right!
I'm also missing such an add-on so badly.
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

DavidGB wrote:I'm not bothered about Firefox, where there are any number of alternatives and I didn't use S3 anyway - I use 'Google Translator for Firefox' extension and/or a Google Translate link in ContextSearch web-ext. I AM bothered about Thunderbird, where there is no alternative at all - not one.
Sadly this isn't the case with Thunderbird...
grahamperrin

S3.Translator – Chrome Web Store – for Firefox, Waterfox …

Post by grahamperrin »

S3.Translator from Chrome Web Store – for Mozilla Firefox, Waterfox Classic and Waterfox Current

If your version of Firefox can use non-signed extensions, then your Firefox can use S3.Translator 6.25 from Chrome Web Store.

Recipe: https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/s3-tran ... ahamperrin

With Thunderbird

As far as I can tell, converted version 6.25 can do no more than open https://translate.google.com/ in a new tab.

I tried converting a legacy version. As expected, conversion did not succeed.
Last edited by grahamperrin on December 11th, 2019, 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DavidGB

Post by DavidGB »

As I say, there isn't a problem with Firefox for me as there are many alternatives to S3. What I need is a working extension for Thunderbird as there are NO translation extensions for Thunderbird 68+ at all.
grahamperrin

Post by grahamperrin »

Thomas.Weber wrote:… a warning would be enough,
There's the yellow alert (warning) for extensions that are not recommended (not monitored) by Mozilla.

Sometimes when the most recent version of an extension is removed, AMO will continue to serve an inferior (lower) version. This seemed to happen, recently, for a Mozilla-recommended extension. This can happen without warning, maybe when Mozilla is reaching out to the developer.

And so on.
… they check all the time which addons we use.
They don't. The vast majority of extensions are not monitored.
grahamperrin

Translation for Mozilla Thunderbird content

Post by grahamperrin »

DavidGB wrote:… What I need is a working extension for Thunderbird …
Bizarrely, for a Mozilla-oriented forum, this forum refuses to seek the word Thunderbird :x so I can't easily tell what responses you gained in the past.

From http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... 0&sr=posts I guess that essentially, you'd like something to translate selected text.

If not something that pops up in the current tab, then would you be happy with something that uses a separate tab (or window) for translation?
DavidGB

Post by DavidGB »

The way that S3 used to work, opening a panel at the bottom of the email window with the translation, was nice (I have emails open in separate windows, not in a pane in the main TB window). But I'd be happy with a translation of selected text to open in another tab. An option to translate the entire email too would be nice, but not absolutely necessary. Basically anything would be good as compared with the current nothing at all.
menuhin

Post by menuhin »

dukdukgoos wrote:S3.Translator has been completely blocked in Firefox due to security violation!

https://blocked.cdn.mozilla.net/eac7bf1 ... a1ce8.html
SO BAD!!!

THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST Translator Plugin hands down in terms of ease of use and responsiveness and reliability for work that I don't need much other visits to dictionary websites.
grahamperrin

Tunderbird translator … Mozilla Discours

Post by grahamperrin »

Thunderbird
DavidGB wrote:The way that S3 used to work, … But I'd be happy with a translation of selected text to open in another tab. …
Thanks. Enquiries have begun.

Please subscribe to Tunderbird translator - Thunderbird / Add-ons - Mozilla Discourse – if a solution is found, I'll post there.
grahamperrin

Not so bad

Post by grahamperrin »

menuhin wrote:SO BAD! …
The block of this particular extension is inconvenient, but installation of version 6.25 is not too difficult. Please see above, I added a five-minute silent video tutrial.
DavidGB

Re: Tunderbird translator … Mozilla Discours

Post by DavidGB »

grahamperrin wrote:Thunderbird

Please subscribe to Tunderbird translator - Thunderbird / Add-ons - Mozilla Discourse – if a solution is found, I'll post there.
Thank you.
xande

Post by xande »

Which add on, r u guys using instead of the S3 TRANSLATOR?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Hello!
A lot of time passed...
Someone posted on network "S3.Translator-Clone", and the moderators threw both (the clone and the original) into the blocklist.

In order to avoid using the name “S3.Translator” for fraudulent purposes and distributing all kinds of malware under its guise, it will be like this:
I will sign all new versions in Mozilla and post updates through my website https://www.s3blog.org/s3gt.html
It will be automatically updated versions.
This means that once installing the extension from my site, it will automatically be updated when new versions are released.

So:
Original version for Firefox: This is a signed extension that will be automatically updated.
1. Download it: https://s3blog.org/download/s3gt/s3tran ... irefox.xpi
2. Install s3translator_firefox.xpi

PS:
To transfer settings from the old version(blocklist) to the new one(s3translator_firefox.xpi), you can do this:
type in address bar: about: config
search: extensions.blocklist.enabled
set: false

after that, a blocked version of the extension will be available in your browser.

save the settings to a file: S3.Translator - Settings - Save Settings

enable blocklist again: extensions.blocklist.enabled = true

load the settings into the new S3.Translator: Settings - Load Settings
Thomas.Weber

Post by Thomas.Weber »

grahamperrin wrote:
They don't. The vast majority of extensions are not monitored.
well, obviously that one was. i got the notification while firefox was open, and it was running for more than 5 days at that time.