Can't Save New Events

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Phil75070

Can't Save New Events

Post by Phil75070 »

Using Thunderbird 60.9.1 and Lightning 6.2.5 I cannot save new events. I can't even close the New Event window after unsuccessfully trying to save the event and have to go to Task Manager to shut down Thunderbird altogether to close all open Thunderbird/Lightning windows.
steveprocter

Re: Can't Save New Events

Post by steveprocter »

Phil75070 wrote:Using Thunderbird 60.9.1 and Lightning 6.2.5 I cannot save new events. I can't even close the New Event window after unsuccessfully trying to save the event and have to go to Task Manager to shut down Thunderbird altogether to close all open Thunderbird/Lightning windows.
I have the same problem after updating TB to 68.3.1 earlier today. TB will not save new Events and won't close the New Event window. Like you I have to use Task Manager to get rid of the New Event screen.

I am using TB wth latest versions of Lightning and Provider for Google Calendar
WaltS48

Re: Can't Save New Events

Post by WaltS48 »

steveprocter wrote:
Phil75070 wrote:Using Thunderbird 60.9.1 and Lightning 6.2.5 I cannot save new events. I can't even close the New Event window after unsuccessfully trying to save the event and have to go to Task Manager to shut down Thunderbird altogether to close all open Thunderbird/Lightning windows.
I have the same problem after updating TB to 68.3.1 earlier today. TB will not save new Events and won't close the New Event window. Like you I have to use Task Manager to get rid of the New Event screen.

I am using TB wth latest versions of Lightning and Provider for Google Calendar
Is your version of Lightning 68.3.1 or 68.3.1.1?

There was an update on Dec. 19th. I don't know the reason for it because I have no trouble saving events. Just created 4 test events in my 3 calendars on the computer, and my Google CalDAV network calendar. I don't use the provider extension anymore.

Go to the add-ons manager, click on the gear wheel and click "Check for Updates".
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5