How to install Firefox with no smart phone

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Jim8080

How to install Firefox with no smart phone

Post by Jim8080 »

I'm installing Firefox on a new win10 laptop, and am at the step where you list your smart phone number, but I only have a dumb cell phone. It works fine for text messages. I cannot complete the installation without listing a phone number. What should I do?
Jim8080
DanRaisch

Re: How to install Firefox with no smart phone

Post by DanRaisch »

You don’t need any phone to install Firefox on a laptop if you’re using the installer from Mozilla.
kerft

Post by kerft »

If you have installed Firefox from the official website mozilla.org and not installed a modified version, that page should make it clear the number is optional, is not to complete the install but only if you want to be sent a link to install on a phone.
Go into options and set your home page to anything you like, then welcome screens should not appear. Or, press ctrl-T to open a new tab and close the welcome tab, and it should not reappear.
Jim8080

Post by Jim8080 »

My post seems to have been moved to this link, so will answer again:
I used my dumb phone number, and received a text message that provides a link to use if I want to install Firefox mobile on a smart phone. If you have neither a smart or dumb phone, you could probably use your home phone number, since you don't need to answer.
Jim
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Since that entering a number is optional, AGAIN, you didn't need to enter it nor is a phone required at all to install Firefox on a desktop or laptop.