Firefox 72 unable to write review on Google Play Store

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
molitar

Firefox 72 unable to write review on Google Play Store

Post by molitar »

When I click on write review the page goes to a ghosted white and no popup will display. I have tried safe mode with same results. How do I fix this problem with Firefox?
therube

Re: Firefox 72 unable to write review on Google Play Store

Post by therube »

Confirmed.

URL: https://play.google.com/store/movies/de ... P&hl=en_US

Click, 'Write a Review' button.

You're asked to log in, if you're not.

Click, 'Write a Review' button.

Page ghosts.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

molitar wrote:When I click on write review the page goes to a ghosted white and no popup will display.
Try another browser. If it doesn't work then you will not have wasted this forum's time looking for a non-Firefox problem.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/f ... K0f4f9DQAJ
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
molitar

Post by molitar »

Frank Lion wrote:
molitar wrote:When I click on write review the page goes to a ghosted white and no popup will display.
Try another browser. If it doesn't work then you will not have wasted this forum's time looking for a non-Firefox problem.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/f ... K0f4f9DQAJ
Did try another browser and finally figured out it is the custom tracking protection options as it is missing Social Media Tracking only option.

Figured out it's a bug with Firefox. In Standard the tracking is for Social Media Trackers only but when using custom you can't just select Social Media Trackers it is Social Media Trackers and Cross-Site Tracking. Guess that Google requires Cross-Site Tracking so this breaks their site. Since Standard only does Social Media Tracking the Custom should have a selection for Social Media Tracking only too.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

FF72 is a beta. Support is for released versions.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
molitar

Post by molitar »

RobertJ wrote:.
FF72 is a beta. Support is for released versions.

Either way this problem is a problem with development. The problem exist in released version also. Custom tracking protection is a broken POS. No way to turn off stupid cross-site tracking using custom.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Mozillazine wrote:We folks are not part of Mozilla.
Established in 1998, MozillaZine is an independent Mozilla news, community and support site.
MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
therube

Post by therube »

Custom tracking protection is a broken POS
More & more, I'm apt to agree.
(These days, Mozilla does so much crap - on its own, like changing your UA if you use Private Browsing, or its' "tracking protection" - with no clear, easy way to disable, bypass, override, it makes using the web far more difficult - when then web doesn't coincide with the masters rules.)
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 19#p101519
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript