New Registration

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
moz2810

New Registration

Post by moz2810 »

I forgot I had a previous account for Mozilla Forums and tried to register anew. When the "CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION" question "How many letters in Mozilla?:" is answered as 7 for "Mozilla" a message comes back saying "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." When I answered 8 for "Mozilla?" I receive the same "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." When I answered 9 for "Mozilla?:" I get the same excuse "You have provided an invalid answer to the question."
What is the problem here? Why is this persistent "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." a problem. Maybe I need to answer regarding the entire text but only letters and again maybe including spaces and punctuation?
How many letters in Mozilla?: thus contains 23 actual letters and including spaces and punctuation, the count is 29.
I could just continue using this forum using my older account which is quite old, I think I established this account in the year 1776 so it is QUITE OLD.
Honestly, I much prefer to set up a new account with a new email address.
Please help rectify this persistent question problem.
And if that wasn't enough problem then after 3 attempts I got the message "You have exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for this session. Please try again later."
To which I respond in my mind, yea right, like this is going to change. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I also do not know what email address is associated with this OLD account so I may never see a reply.
Please email any responses to this perplexing issue to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
So now I checked my account and see that I Joined:Feb Fri 11th 2005 9:15am while I was employed at Cannon Moss Brygger Architects. I retired from this firm in June 2005 consequently the reply email associated with my Mozilla account is quite possibly baker.d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com which will no longer work. AND this is why I give my current xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com email address as the correct response location.
Last edited by DanRaisch on January 5th, 2020, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email address obscured per forum rules. http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules#f4r4
Dwight Baker
DanRaisch

Re: New Registration

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Site Discussions as this is not a Firefox Support issue.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

moz2810 wrote:I forgot I had a previous account for Mozilla Forums and tried to register anew. When the "CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION" question "How many letters in Mozilla?:" is answered as 7 for "Mozilla" a message comes back saying "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." When I answered 8 for "Mozilla?" I receive the same "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." When I answered 9 for "Mozilla?:" I get the same excuse "You have provided an invalid answer to the question."
What is the problem here? Why is this persistent "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." a problem. Maybe I need to answer regarding the entire text but only letters and again maybe including spaces and punctuation?
How many letters in Mozilla?: thus contains 23 actual letters and including spaces and punctuation, the count is 29.
I could just continue using this forum using my older account which is quite old, I think I established this account in the year 1776 so it is QUITE OLD.
Honestly, I much prefer to set up a new account with a new email address.
Please help rectify this persistent question problem.
And if that wasn't enough problem then after 3 attempts I got the message "You have exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for this session. Please try again later."
To which I respond in my mind, yea right, like this is going to change. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I also do not know what email address is associated with this OLD account so I may never see a reply.
Please email any responses to this perplexing issue to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
So now I checked my account and see that I Joined:Feb Fri 11th 2005 9:15am while I was employed at Cannon Moss Brygger Architects. I retired from this firm in June 2005 consequently the reply email associated with my Mozilla account is quite possibly baker.d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com which will no longer work. AND this is why I give my current xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com email address as the correct response location.
See this thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3043376

The answer is '6', they are looking for number of 'unique' letters.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Um, the OP has apparently figured that out as they had posted the above to Firefox Support with the user name Moz2810. A PM on the issue was sent to that account.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Locking due to spam attacks