Which old Firefox Versions are you using without problems?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TDV

Which old Firefox Versions are you using without problems?

Post by TDV »

If you are using an older version of FIrefox, which version is it, and what is your experience with it?

Thank you for sharing this
LIMPET235

Re: Which old Firefox Versions are you using without problem

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Well...I use a very old version, but, (Definitely NOT recommended for you.), v62 & v70.

I believe that one of our "regulars" uses about 10 or more various versions, Not sure about the quantity or versions though.

All mine work fine, except for one or 2 sites where they do not recognize my very old version.
Security or expired Certificate problem or whatever.

Best to stick with whichever ESR version works for you.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
TDV

Post by TDV »

I am trying to collect this kind of info, as I also f.e. use IDM and a VPN, which, I am sure, will cause additional problems.
I have started to avoid any updates if at all possible a few years ago. Because they usually mean no improvement for the user, only for the provider.
God bless filehippo, who have old versions of just about everything... :-)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Oh boy!
Best to only use the official site for all the old versions. Never know what may be included with the other sites.
(I know....They say that everything is clean...but ?)
> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

TDV wrote: God bless filehippo, who have old versions of just about everything... :-)

Dumb and dumber, on June 28th last year FileHippo software updates suddenly stopped, the site remained 'dead' for a while, they were half ***** restored recently but it's possible it's now a 'zombie website'.... Do have fun downloading from there.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
TDV

Post by TDV »

mightyglydd wrote:
TDV wrote: God bless filehippo, who have old versions of just about everything... :-)

Dumb and dumber, on June 28th last year FileHippo software updates suddenly stopped, the site remained 'dead' for a while, they were half ***** restored recently but it's possible it's now a 'zombie website'.... Do have fun downloading from there.
Could you go to another playground and share your wisdom there?
TDV

Post by TDV »

LIMPET235 wrote:Oh boy!
Best to only use the official site for all the old versions. Never know what may be included with the other sites.
(I know....They say that everything is clean...but ?)
> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/
That is precisely what I do not want to do. Why would they hesitate to add the new garbage that makes them money to old versions?
I have no interest in wasting my time having to worry about that.
Mozilla in particular is one of those software companies that have shown too many times that they rarely do anything for users, their improvements usually serve only mozilla!
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

^^ Actually NO, what I posted is a FACT, look it up genius.
If you don't want help, stop wasting folks time, continue living in your personal funny farm...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

File Hippo has always had a very bad reputation for supposed release versions of Firefox that over the years have just been re named alpha builds. Not a great source of reliable Firefox builds. Bloody stupid recommending dodgy 3rd party sites when all releases are still available from Mozilla
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
And if FIle Hippo indeed has gone into a Zomby state then it is probably loaded with nasties
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

I have mine set to update whenever there is a update to Firefox. I now have version 72.0.1 installed and have no issues at all. Updating to the last most stable version is always the best way to go. Some like to install a beta version but I like to install the most stable. Enjoy ya’ll
Tushman

Post by Tushman »

CaJazzman wrote:I have mine set to update whenever there is a update to Firefox. I now have version 72.0.1 installed and have no issues at all. Updating to the last most stable version is always the best way to go. Some like to install a beta version but I like to install the most stable. Enjoy ya’ll
Firefox is set to automatically update - that is the default setting. And try reading the OP's question. Your answer has nothing to do with older versions.
TDV

Post by TDV »

Tushman wrote:
CaJazzman wrote:I have mine set to update whenever there is a update to Firefox. I now have version 72.0.1 installed and have no issues at all. Updating to the last most stable version is always the best way to go. Some like to install a beta version but I like to install the most stable. Enjoy ya’ll
Firefox is set to automatically update - that is the default setting. And try reading the OP's question. Your answer has nothing to do with older versions.
You are of course right, but you are also wasting your time....
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking this as it ain't progressing very far & the un-necessary comments are definitely not needed or welcomed.

May I suggest that you, TDV, try the official help site.