2.53.1 beta 1 progress

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
TPR75

Re: 2.53.1 beta 1 progress

Post by TPR75 »

ElTxolo wrote: If you start SeaMonkey Private Browsing, and check the download panel. You can't see the download list, because
it just looks blank/empty with no visible titles:

[cut]

If you use right click (same window), to check the properties of each download you see this ridiculous image:

[cut]
Well, something is wrong but under Windows it looks different:

I can see download list while in Private Browsing. There is information about "Downloading" with animation and I can see "elapsed time". But it looks the same not in Private Browsing mode - looks like Download Manager is "independent" from PB.

When I tested this SeaMonkey just crashed:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 3d60200113
--
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

TPR75 wrote:.... Well, something is wrong but under Windows it looks different:

I can see download list while in Private Browsing. There is information about "Downloading" with animation and I can see "elapsed time". But it looks the same not in Private Browsing mode - looks like Download Manager is "independent" from PB.

When I tested this SeaMonkey just crashed:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 3d60200113
  • It seems that similar problems exist at WindoZe as well. #-o

I forgot to mention, that this happens 95% of the time, when I use SeaMonkey Private Browsing.

In GNU/Linux debian sid (siduction) with GTK3+ 3.24.13-1 :wink:

Cheers!! 8-)
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
frg

Post by frg »

TPR75: can you recreate the crash with the official Beta 1 ? I have the symbols for it and can take a look then. If you can recreate please also try in safemode. ABP wasn't really updated for 56 and mintrayr seems to use a binary component which is no longer supported. Wonder why it even works.

It has been a while since I saw empty file names. Last time it was places corruption. Before a timing bug. I was never able to reproduce it. If you can please file a bug but also look at the error console if you spot something.
In PB mode the downloads history is not saved. Download Manager shows only the non private browsing downloads. There might be some interaction. Firefox uses two internal lists but its frontend is a complete mess entangled with the Library.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:TPR75: can you recreate the crash with the official Beta 1 ? I have the symbols for it and can take a look then. If you can recreate please also try in safemode. ABP wasn't really updated for 56 and mintrayr seems to use a binary component which is no longer supported. Wonder why it even works.
ABP, MinTrayR, CookieMonster... Damn! Without them it will be really hard to easy and safe browse Internet. CM has some serious problems with 3rd-party cookie under SM 2.53.x/Fx56 so I must look for some replacement. ABP to Ublock? It's a joke! I don't relay on external filter lists and (old) ABP has far much better management system for blockable items.
frg wrote:In PB mode the downloads history is not saved. Download Manager shows only the non private browsing downloads. There might be some interaction. Firefox uses two internal lists but its frontend is a complete mess entangled with the Library.
Yes, I know. All listed elements were downloaded in normal mode (not Private Browsing).
--
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:TPR75: can you recreate the crash with the official Beta 1 ?
Sorry but no go - I tried to do the same or similar "moves" but Beta 1 doesn't crash.
--
frg

Post by frg »

> Sorry but no go - I tried to do the same or similar "moves" but Beta 1 doesn't crash.

Can you recreate it with 2.53.2? I can sned you a link to a private build.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:> Sorry but no go - I tried to do the same or similar "moves" but Beta 1 doesn't crash.

Can you recreate it with 2.53.2? I can sned you a link to a private build.
Sorry! My bad. I tested it with 2.53.2 (Build identifier: 20200112130005).

Test for Beta 1 PL (Identyfikator kompilacji: 20191229191834) in progress... exactly the same behavior (without crash).

EDIT: Test for 2.53.2 in Safe Mode with disabled add-ons gives the same result but different animation:
... but I think it depends on theme (Classic vs. Modern).
--
frg

Post by frg »

TPR75 If you find a way to reproduce the missing names or crash let me know.
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Not to be annoying, but it might be on-topic to ask... where do we find these "official" builds? They don't seem to be mentioned on any of the seamonkey-project.org site areas I know about(?).

Thanks!
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

RDaneel wrote:Not to be annoying, but it might be on-topic to ask... where do we find these "official" builds? They don't seem to be mentioned on any of the seamonkey-project.org site areas I know about(?).
Here it is mentioned:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/community
Other Web Resources

Bill Gianopoulos home page hosting unofficial builds

If you want to test a new build this page provides some bleeding edge releases with fixes still in review or not fully done. As with all unofficial releases be careful and have a full backup of your profile ready. Downgrading to prior versions was never and will not be supported.
:wink:
--
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:TPR75 If you find a way to reproduce the missing names or crash let me know.
To make it clear. What do you mean by "missing names"?

A month ago I had similar crash with 2.53.1:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... e6c0191207
I don't remember what I was doing back then.
--
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Thanks, TPR75, but... I have been running off of Bill's [64-bit] builds for many months now. :)

As f-r had mentioned an "official Beta 1", it looked like there was an actual place to download something other than from Bill.

If you guys are just talking about the "extra" one Bill posted with the "January 12" date, cool.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

RDaneel wrote:As f-r had mentioned an "official Beta 1", it looked like there was an actual place to download something other than from Bill.
It is for volunteers who wants to help with tests:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3050573

:wink:
--
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Cool... an "insiders" club. ;)

OK, I will continue to use "Builds by Bill(tm)" until advised otherwise (or I see some more public announcement).

Thanks for resolving the cognitive dissonance.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:Just wanted to let you know that we are making good progress on Beta 1.
Closer every day:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonk ... /2.53.1b1/

But shouldn't "Beta 1" be placed in "candidates" folder first?
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/candidates/
--