Firefox and moving home

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
kithra

Firefox and moving home

Post by kithra »

I know this is probably an odd question, but I'm about to move home. And what I want to find out is if I'll loose all my passwords, in LastPass as well as in Firefox? I've saved all my bookmarks and email addresses, but don't know about these other things, especially as I am probably also going to change my Internet provider. Many thanks for any answers.
Kithra
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox and moving home

Post by DanRaisch »

Unlike an email client, a browser is not linked to a particular Internet provider so changing providers will have no impact on transferring your uses of Firefox. In addition, you didn't indicate whether this move to a new home will include changing to a "new" computer. If you will be using the same hardware in the new location, nothing at all will need to be done to bring all of your data with you, including passwords, bookmarks, etc. If you will be using a new system, sSee this article for information on transferring the Firefox profile -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox
kithra

Post by kithra »

Many thanks for the answer. Yes, I shall be using my current computer without any hardware changes. I'm just changing my internet provider when I move to a new place, which will mean a totally different router. So that's one less thing I have to think about and add to my list, LOL.
Kithra
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. Hope all goes smoothly with the move.
kithra

Post by kithra »

Thank you.
Kithra