adding smileys to SeaMonkey mail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
shakushinnen

adding smileys to SeaMonkey mail

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
Is there a way of adding extra emoticons to SeaMonkey mail. Smileinserter Plus wouldn't install, and PostSmile didn't seem to work.
Thanks,
..... john
TPR75

Re: adding smileys to SeaMonkey mail

Post by TPR75 »

shakushinnen wrote:Is there a way of adding extra emoticons to SeaMonkey mail. Smileinserter Plus wouldn't install, and PostSmile didn't seem to work.
Yes, of course you can:
https://pc.net/emoticons/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emoticons

:lol:
--
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

The "insert smiley face" icon on the options bar provides numerous emoticons. Otherwise, you can <copy> <paste>.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

=^.^=
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi TPR75
So, if I understand you right, if I enter these punctuation combinations, a graphic representing the meaning will show up in the receiver's mail?
or
I can copy and paste them from the Wikipedia link?
..... john
Last edited by shakushinnen on January 29th, 2020, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

shakushinnen wrote: if I enter these these punctuation combinations, a graphic representing the meaning will show up in the receiver's mail?
Possible, but unlikely. Unless you pick a simple one, like this - : P - :P

What you actually need is the Thunderbird extension called emoji. Pick an old version that works with T/Bird 60 max, download it and run it through the SM Convertor - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2834855
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

shakushinnen wrote:So, if I understand you right, if I enter these these punctuation combinations, a graphic representing the meaning will show up in the receiver's mail?
or
I can copy and paste them from the wikipedia link?
Text emoticon is better emoticon... (^0_0^)

Like Frank Lion wrote only simple text emoticons can be converted to image emoticons. And receiver must have enabled such function otherwise he/she will see text emoticons.
--
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi Frank,
"What you actually need is the Thunderbird extension called emoji. Pick an old version that works with T/Bird 60 max, download it and run it through the SM Convertor" Frank Lion
Well, that worked very well. I downloaded and converted "emoji_menu-2.0-tb.xpi" and installed it without incident. What I have now is a smiley icon sitting beside the normal one, with a huge number of emojis
So ........ Thanks!!
..... john