GLOBAL DEFAULT ZOOM SETTING NOT WORKING IN FX 73

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Majorbuzz

GLOBAL DEFAULT ZOOM SETTING NOT WORKING IN FX 73

Post by Majorbuzz »

I've tried both text only and whole page zoom at various levels and neither changes the degree of increase I input into the global setting. I've also tried running FX in safe mode just to check for extension interference. No luck! HELP PLEASE?

Thanks in advance.
DanRaisch

Re: GLOBAL DEFAULT ZOOM SETTING NOT WORKING IN FX 73

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.
cmos

Post by cmos »

set browser.zoom.siteSpecific to true
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Are you possibly using Resist Fingerprinting?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... erprinting

You can check this pref on the about:config page to see if Resist Fingerprinting is enabled and if this pref is user set (bold) reset to false via the right-click context menu.
privacy.resistFingerprinting = false

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ab ... or-firefox
Majorbuzz

Post by Majorbuzz »

Hi cmos and dickvl. Thanks so much for your suggestions above. I'm not using 'Resist Fingerprinting', and actually I didn't need to go into about:config to change any settings.

It dawned on me to go about trying to fix the issue in another way. If I can figure out how to place a print screen (jpeg) here, you'll see what I did, and it seems to have worked. :) I can never remember how to browse to and insert an image, but in essence, I went into Fx options and deleted everything except cookies, and log ins.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

See this for information on posting a screen shot -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
Majorbuzz

Post by Majorbuzz »

Thanks DanRaisch. It seems to be a process to have one of the sites mentioned host my .png. Then to have to copy code to have the image show up here in the body of this message. Seems to me it would be a much simpler method to click on "Img" and be able to browse to it on your device and upload it. Then again, I don't know, or would understand how this website is coded.

So what I did delete within FX options were my Browsing and Download History, Cache, Site Preferences (which I believe was the one that did the trick), and Offline Website Data. I chose the other options I just mentioned because I had never deleted them since using Fx 3 when I was a little boy. LOL

Thanks so much for your help.