The End

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
tomdkat

Re: The End

Post by tomdkat »

Wow, I'm stunned but I understand. I haven't read through this thread (yet) but I would be happy to help do whatever is needed to preserve this forum (moving it elsewhere, or whatever).

21 years is a long time and I certainly appreciate everything you've done to keep this community around! :)

Peace...
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Mouse4 wrote:
Peter Creasey wrote:If this board closes. where might SM users go for help?
you might wanna ADD this http://seamonkey.boards.net/ . i think Frank made it
I looked at this, but there is nothing there. Maybe Josa can start posting his "reports" to both places. If it is copy/paste, that should be fairly easy. At least that way, people will have somewhere else to look.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

DN123ABC wrote:I looked at this, but there is nothing there.
Good, then you'll already know why nothing is there - http://seamonkey.boards.net/post/15/thread
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

Frank Lion wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:I looked at this, but there is nothing there.
Good, then you'll already know why nothing is there - http://seamonkey.boards.net/post/15/thread
just read that link as i never saw it before, but being the Thunderbird Daily Thread i dunno if i wanna continue doing it like i do now. i'll have a chat to RSX an see what he wants to do

wonder if this forums gonna have a christmas " closing down Sale " lol
Last edited by Snake4 on November 26th, 2019, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
NanM

Post by NanM »

@kerz
Thanks so much! Especially for the KB. We are legion out here in quiet confused land who've been helped by this site for ever.
@ all mods
You've supervised to keep help threads short and full o'information for the bewildered,
yet your lightness of touch allowed the epics full entertaining rein.

While I've dipped out of doing anything more than the occasional read, I look forward to
the spirit of help in here continuing for years more.
Good luck to all with the move to another venue!
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

No one has heard from Kerz since his last post?[CORRECTION]

Edited by moderator [tanstaafl]. He has made four posts in this thread. The last one was on 24 Sep 2019. He hasn't replied to any emails or private messages. In the future, please read more of the thread before asking questions.
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on November 24th, 2019, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
IanN_MZ

Post by IanN_MZ »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:No one has heard from Kerz since his first post?
I've not heard anything, and PM is showing as unread too
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

IanN_MZ wrote:I've not heard anything, and PM is showing as unread too
Hmm, we seem to have left the 'This is an odd business' stage and entered the 'This is all getting pretty silly' one.

Personally, I don't care now if Jason has gone off to live with the Yanomami tribe to find himself or is going to pop up in a few months with a cheery 'Sorry about that, been really, really busy at work', I would just encourage him to do, be it good, bad or ugly, whatever he intends to do sooner, rather than later.

Those of you who have watched the film Inception, will already know that limbo is not a great option.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Frank, "limbo" is fine, in my view. Better than demise.

And, yes, there should be some "Meet At" location in the event of demise here.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Peter Creasey wrote:Better than demise.
Given the viable alternatives previously outlined in this thread, the 'demise' option is very unlikely. i.e. it's less work just give the keys to someone and walk away.
Peter Creasey wrote:And, yes, there should be some "Meet At" location in the event of demise here.
You asked about that in relation to SeaMonkey users earlier in this thread and someone gave you the answer. The same subject was also discussed in the SeaMonkey General forums, where you later made this reply -
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14845731
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Frank, I wasn't aware that there was any consensus to migrate there in the event this great forum here goes away.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
gypsycomp

Post by gypsycomp »

Where do we go for TB help?
Is TB closing its doors, since it doesn't appear to be taking over help for TB.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

We're a unofficial/independent user community, not affiliated with Mozilla or Thunderbird. If we shut down (its looking less like we will given the very long delay, lack of any contact with the admin after Sept 24 and Ian Neal offering to replace the current admin) you can ask for help at

* The Thunderbird Support forum. It and the FireFox Support forum are the official support forums for Thunderbird and Firefox on the Mozilla Support web site (aka SUMO).
* The mozilla.support.thunderbird google group (limited usefulness due to low traffic, and has had problems with spam in the past)
* The Thunderbird category on Discourse (limited usefulness due to low traffic and fairly unknown)
* https://www.reddit.com/r/Thunderbird/ (limited usefulness due to low traffic)
* Questions on superuser tagged as Thunderbird (not a dedicated forum, but can be useful for advanced users)
* https://www.reddit.com/r/mozillazine/ (created by the admin as a potential replacement for these forums but essentially dead in the water)

See prior comments in this thread about why most users (in these forums) don't want to use those alternatives.
Bobby10

Post by Bobby10 »

Ending? I just got here. Well, sorry to hear.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Bobby,

Everyone is keep everything x'd, as it ain't gone "belly up" yet.

[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)