Help me in importing Incredimail emails into Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
soluxpert

Help me in importing Incredimail emails into Thunderbird

Post by soluxpert »

I was an Incredimail user. Now Incredimail is going to shut down their servers and is discontinuing support for its email client.

I have years of emails in Incredimail. Is there any way, by which I can import all of my Incredimail folders into Thunderbird.

Its going to shut down on March 20, 2020. So, please an early reply is expected.
DanRaisch

Re: Help me in importing Incredimail emails into Thunderbird

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Incredimail, as a POP or IMAP type account? It it is IMAP there may be no export/import action required.

Have you considered using a utility like IncrediVonvert to get the messages into the EML file format, which can then be imported into Thunderbird using the ImportExportTools NG extension for Thunderbird.
https://freeshell.de/~kaosmos/mboximport-en.html
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... ttools-ng/
soluxpert

Post by soluxpert »

My Incredimail emails are locally stored on my computer. So, POP or IMAP option will not work for me.

By saying IncrediVonvert, are you refering this utility https://www.recoverytools.com/incredimail/migrator/

I am checking this utility and trying to understand, if it will help me.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Well no, either or POP or IMAP are generally the only choices you have for connecting an email client to the email server. It sounds as though you may have a POP type account. That format would involved downloading messages from the server to the local computer and storing them on the hard drive, apparently in a proprietary file format (either IMM or IML, depending on the version of IncrediMail in use.)
soluxpert

Post by soluxpert »

You are right. Incredimail downloaded all of my messages locally using POP3. And I found my messages are in IML file type.

I checked your suggested IncrediConvert application, but it only supports older Incredimail file type IMM.

Recent IML file type is supported by RecoveryTools IncrediMail Migrator application.

So, now I am happy to use this app. It works.

Thanks for all your quick help on same.

Now I will not loose my old Incredimail messages.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Unicorn1013

Post by Unicorn1013 »

@soluxpert

Would you mind sharing how you managed to do the migration with the IncrediMail Migrator app? I purchased the version that includes conversion for Thunderbird, but after the conversion was completed, the folders did not show up in Thunderbird as described. I can access the destination folder that the messages were converted to with Windows Explorer, but I can't seem to find a way to get them into Thunderbird from there. I am waiting for a reply by the Migrator customer support as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)
soluxpert

Post by soluxpert »

Hi Unicorn1013,

I too faced the same problem and then I asked the support and they suggested this guide, which works for me.

Here is a guide for same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu8HARWzK4Q

In the video its detailed, if you have multiple Thunderbird profiles or identities then how you can ensure to see migrated Incredimail messages.

I hope this will help you.
Unicorn1013

Post by Unicorn1013 »

Hi Soluxpert!

Yes, this helped a lot, thank you. :-) The customer service also got back to me explaining the same thing in writing, but the video helped me understand it better. Now my folders are good, only the address book never made it into Thunderbird. Do you have any tips on that? The customer support suggested I give them remote access to my PC to fix it for me, but I am not really comfortable with that.
soluxpert

Post by soluxpert »

Hi Unicorn1013,

Yes, I can help you for this.

You need to download RecoveryTools IncrediMail Migrator and ensure its v4.5 as they have recently released the most updated version of their tool too.

Using software either select your AddrBook.db3 file from Thunderbird store location or it will also pick up same automatically.

From the Saving options, select vCard as saving format.

After this from the second drop-down list select Thunderbird Contacts and then save the address book contacts.

You will get a CSV file in saving folder location. Now go to Thunderbird and import save CSV file.

Watch this video for help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boH8QA6jtTw to know how to import vCard or CSV file in Thunderbird Address Book.
Unicorn1013

Post by Unicorn1013 »

Hi Soluxpert,

Thank you very much again. After a few missed attempts this finally worked, I don't know what I did different the last time. But it's done, I finally got everything migrated, yay. :-) Now I just have to find some add-ons to make Thunderbird look a bit cooler like Incredimail. LOL