Ant Downloader Extension

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
motivated

Ant Downloader Extension

Post by motivated »

Hi All,

Ant downloader has worked for me. It's OK if you don't like it. I thought I installed it on my W10 PC running FF 73 but I don't see it. On W7, it was located in the upper left corner and it would show Downloading and I could click that word (Download) on the upper toolbar and it would show 3-5 download versions (in the drop down menu) and I could choose one and it would download YouTube videos.

Does anyone know how to ensure Ant is installed correctly so you can download YouTube Videos?

Thanks.
jscher2000

Re: Ant Downloader Extension

Post by jscher2000 »

Is it listed as enabled on the Add-ons page? (Ctrl+Shift+a, then in the left column click Extensions)
Tushman

Post by Tushman »

motivated wrote:Does anyone know how to ensure Ant is installed correctly so you can download YouTube Videos?

Thanks.
Keep in mind that Google blocks some Youtube videos from being downloaded regardless of what add-on you're using. I have an add-on that does not work on certain YT videos despite it working on many other flash videos.
motivated

Post by motivated »

Hi jscher2000.. I have to acces the net via the library's work station so I'll save your post and try that on the latop offline. I've had no problesm downloading YouTube videos with Ant on FF 43 on W7. The 2 chalgnes I now face is as follows:

1. In Ant I can't select the highest resolution of the video (e.g. 1080p) so if I want to view an instructional video from a friend all I can do is guess by the file size (I choose the largest size) but that still doesn't mean it's 1080 or 1080p. So I was trying 3rd party applications like Easy You Tube downloader but that won't download many YT videos.

2. I used to be able to on W7 + older VLC Media Player version to click Add a video file downloaded from YouTube and then select Convert and it allowed me to browse to where I want to convert/save it to (e.g. hard drive, flash drive, etc.) and to choose which format to convert to/save as (e.g. .flac, .mp3).

But, VLC doesn't seem to do that now. Do I need to install some other software for VLC?

Maybe, I need to make some choices in settings within VLC?

It's been so long since I set VLC up.

Thank you so much.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi ETL,
I'm not sure but I think we went through this a while ago.
Could be in error.

ref; this YT video on VLC player...
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5gwUqp49Q

If that doesn't work, try another more recent video?

(Still can't use your old name....eh?)

ps. Did you manage to D/L your "How to make a tri fold brochure in MS Publisher" instructional video that I linked to?
(Hope this is right.)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

I don't use Ant and don't know anything about it, sorry. They have a support site here: https://support.ant.com/help/