Forward Shows only Header

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Bluelead

Forward Shows only Header

Post by Bluelead »

Ever since I downloaded SeaMonkey 2.53.1, a message I routine receive and then FORWARD will not send the body of the message only the header is shown. I am using Windows 7. Did something change my settings?
Bluelead

Re: Forward Shows only Header

Post by Bluelead »

I cannot forward any of my email messages. I am forced to cut and paste into a COMPOSE message. However, photographs that are in the body of the message will not cut and paste into the new message. Those photographs I have to cut and paste into a separate folder, then use INSERT into the new message to have it shown in the new message. Is this a problem others have with 2.53.1? How can I fix? Should my problem be brought up to the developers?
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Bluelead wrote:Ever since I downloaded SeaMonkey 2.53.1, a message I routine receive and then FORWARD will not send the body of the message only the header is shown. I am using Windows 7. Did something change my settings?
Bluelead,

No problem here, I am also using Windows 7 Ultimate and SM 32 bit.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
Bluelead

Post by Bluelead »

There doesn't seem to be any reason to this problem. I haven't changed any of my settings and the problem is intermittent. Now I can forward pictures and cartoons people send me at one time and then at other times I cannot from the same sender. Is there some coding on there messages that prevent forwards. I have never had that problem in the past. When I use the command FORWARD all that is shown is the header. I am using Windows 7 Professional.
Bluelead

Post by Bluelead »

Additional information. I have a laptop that I loaded SeaMonkey 2.53.1 on to it from the SeaMonkey Project website. The laptop us loaded with the most recent Windows 10 Professional update. I have the same problem with Windows 10 as I have with Windows 7 Professional.
hardys

Post by hardys »

I can confirm this, but it only happens with some specific HTML Mails with embed images or external images, text messages are forwarded with no problems.

As a workaround you can forward this mails as attachments, then it works a expected.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

hardys wrote: you can forward this mails as attachments
How can this be done easily?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
hardys

Post by hardys »

Peter Creasey wrote:How can this be done easily?
Preferences -> Mail&Newsgroups -> Composition -> Forward Messages : As Attachment
Bluelead

Post by Bluelead »

That worked. Learned another trick. However, the attachment comes through with the original sender's header. For privacy reasons, I always delete the headers, especially if there is several of them. And, I like to be able to edit the original message. I cannot do this with this work around. Any suggestion to fix the original problem of using FORWARD (when the original message is opened and read) to edit the headers and some parts of long messages?
Bluelead

Post by Bluelead »

Still trying to figure out why FORWARD only works with certain messages, but not all. Perhaps the following work around I just discovered might help someone on the this Support forum to figure out why I have this problem with FORWARD. Work around: When I receive a message I want to forward and it only gives me the header when I use FORWARD, I then use REPLY command, delete the sender's address, add the addresses I want to forward the message to, and then SEND. That works, but I should not have to do all these steps. Is this a bug that is in the new version of SeaMonkey? Anyone have an fix for me???
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Bluelead wrote:Still trying to figure out why FORWARD only works with certain messages, but not all.
I've noticed problem with some HTML messages (not all, just some). URLs and e-mail addresses are not clickable and I can't see info in status bar when I move mouse cursor over them. But when I change view to plain text then it works. I didn't tried forwarding.

Make test and change view (to e.g. plain text) for messages you can't fully forward:
When "Mail & Newsgroups" windows is active -> Menu -> View -> Message Body As -> Plain Text
Then try to forward them again. Message content may look different but it's just test.
--