Last Win7 Security Update (Solved)

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Last Win7 Security Update (Solved)

Post by malliz »

Actually I cant see Win11 being that much different from Win10 other than some tinsel and new icons as it looks to be an evolution (read make it "Shiny") Win ten is waaay better than 8 or 8.1 and I know my laptop runs Win 8.1 (don't freeking ask) and two of my desktops run Win 10
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Tushman

Post by Tushman »

malliz wrote:Actually I cant see Win11 being that much different from Win10 other than some tinsel and new icons as it looks to be an evolution (read make it "Shiny") Win ten is waaay better than 8 or 8.1 and I know my laptop runs Win 8.1 (don't freeking ask) and two of my desktops run Win 10
Looks like you and I are both wrong. A discussion I found on Microsoft's forum seems to suggest that there will be no Win11. If you scroll down to the 3rd response, user by the name of BossDweeb gives an interesting reply.

It's further backed up by this article.

All of this leads me to one question: If it's true that Microsoft has no plans to release a Win11, 12, 13 etc., what the hell are they gonna call their flavor of desktop operating system when it comes time for me to build a new system in 5-6 years from now? They've used various naming conventions for the past 4 decades, I can't imagine how they're going to do away with that completely.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Who knows what computers will look like in five years time? An awful lot of people use their phones for everything and top end tablets are incredibly powerful neither one is suited to the old fashioned traditional desktop operating system. As I said win11 was just going to be polishing what was already there
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"