2 factor authenication

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jwilmoth

2 factor authenication

Post by jwilmoth »

Any one else having problem with 2 factor besides me? My Bank requires 2 factor to login, but if cookies are set then will only require new code occasionally. This worked fine until about 2 months ago, now I have to get a new code every time I login to Bank. I spent several minutes on phone with customer service at Bank today, and that person could not figure out the problem, so sent a ticket to higher level. I received phone call this evening from IT dept. and the person had me go over all my privacy settings while talking to her. My cookies show cookie for 3 different logins for this Bank and she said any of these should be sufficient to allow login. I also have this Bank listed for "allow" in permissions. The lady wrote a ticket to refer to another level in IT as she could not find the problem. She seemed to be very well versed in Firefox and could not see why this problem is happening. Any suggestions?
dickvl

Re: 2 factor authenication

Post by dickvl »

You aren't using Private Browsing mode or remove cookies when Firefox is closed (Clear history when Firefox closes) ?

Do you have extensions that deal with cookies or content blocking extensions ?

Does the bank use another domain to login ?

Does it help if you disable Tracking Protection for this website ?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/en ... ox-desktop
jwilmoth

Post by jwilmoth »

Thanks for the effort. But--the answer is No to all your questions. Still have not found a solution, but have now noticed that cookies left by Bank disappear overnight. Two days in row had cookie displayed, but next morning was gone. Did not notice any cookies from other sites disappearing. Do not know if Bank is somehow deleting the cookies--rather strange deal.
morat

Post by morat »

I would test the bank page using a fresh profile.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

If cookies disappear overnight then this might suggest that external cleanup software could cause this, so maybe check what software is running during that time that deals with data in the profile folder.
Tin Smith

Post by Tin Smith »

Not all cookies live forever. For example two of the cookies my bank sends delete quickly. One when the user logs out or if the user just closes the browser without a log out and the other in two days. No action from the user (me) is required.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Cookies that aren't session cookies have an 'expire' field.
If the website sets a sort time frame then you do not keep these cookies.