Tracking a spam message

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
ruta

Tracking a spam message

Post by ruta »

My ISP who is not familiar with SM asked me to find out how to open an incoming spam message in order to track the servers it passed through.
Please help. Tks
hardys

Re: Tracking a spam message

Post by hardys »

Mark the spam mail and press Ctrl + U or choose message source in View -> Message Source
You can also view the complete header by View -> Headers -> All
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

ruta wrote:My ISP who is not familiar with SM asked me to find out how to open an incoming spam message in order to track the servers it passed through.
They want to track it? Well... Don't open it - just send it to them as attachment:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14860101

They are professionals. They know how to handle with SPAM message in secure way. They shouldn't ask user to open such message. Never ever... ](*,)

EDIT: Oh, well! If you want to help them then you can save message as a file: don't open message (with LMB) just click RMB and from context menu choose "Save As..." and save as a file (without changing its name). Archive file as a e.g. ZIP and send to your ISP as normal attachment.
--
ruta

Post by ruta »

hardys wrote:Mark the spam mail and press Ctrl + U or choose message source in View -> Message Source
You can also view the complete header by View -> Headers -> All
Thank you so much.
Ctrl + U did not work, perhaps because my platform is Apple's MacBook Pro, not PC. However the alternatives worked very well for me.
Tks again
ruta

Post by ruta »

[
They want to track it? Well... Don't open it - just send it to them as attachment:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14860101......
......and send to your ISP as normal attachment.[/quote

Tks. I tried attachment, but that was not good enough for them. I finally accepted Hardy's suggestion which seems more straight forward.
Tks again for helping.