SeaMonkey error when opening email

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
amrad

SeaMonkey error when opening email

Post by amrad »

When opening an email, I get this error:

"Unable to load address book file abook.mab. It may be read only or locked by another application."

Once I dismiss the error message I can read the email. I have tried using SeaMonkey safe-mode but it didn't make any difference. I have never had this error before with any version of SeaMonkey, it has only started with SeaMonkey 2.53.1. I've checked that the file is not read only, which it isn't. I don't know what other application would need to access this file, other than SeaMonkey. Does anybody have any idea as to what might be causing this error?

Regards,

Dave.
therube

Re: SeaMonkey error when opening email

Post by therube »

Confirm that abook.mab exists, exists in expected location, & that is in fact not read only or locked by another application (or I suppose, a permissions issue).

Nirsoft: OpenedFilesView - View opened/locked files in your system (sharing violation issues).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
amrad

Post by amrad »

@ therube,

Thanks for your reply.
therube wrote:Confirm that abook.mab exists, exists in expected location, & that is in fact not read only or locked by another application (or I suppose, a permissions issue).
I said in my message that abook.mab is not read only. It doesn't appear in the list of opened files shown by 'Opened Files View' and permissions seem to be correct.

Regards,

Dave.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
amrad

Post by amrad »

@ therube,

I looked at those links but they seemed too complicated. What I did was to go back to SeaMonkey 2.49.5 and I replaced the 'abook.mab' file for a slightly older copy. As I didn't then get the error, I re-installed v2.53.1 and the error has gone! I don't know what caused it, though.

Regards,

Dave.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

At a guess, something had corrupted the version of the abook.mab file that you replaced with the slightly older copy.