Converting many names into a list

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
colchicum

Converting many names into a list

Post by colchicum »

I sometimes get an email from a group that has a large number of names in the header (should have been sent bcc!).

Is there a quick way to put all these into an address book list? (so that I can reply to all bcc.)
tanstaafl

Re: Converting many names into a list

Post by tanstaafl »

If you create a mailing list you can drag and drop contacts from the same address book to it. I'm talking about after you pressed the OK button to create it, not while its displaying the "new mailing list" window. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mailing_lists for more information

If the recipients aren't in your address book click on the small star in the header to add them. Unfortunately I think none of the email address crawler add-ons work with version 68.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Out of curiosity, how large is that "large number of names"? 30, 50, 150, more?
colchicum

Post by colchicum »

Actually it's 63. All of them will be in my address book of course and I know how to drag them into a list - but it's a drag! I was hoping there would be a quick way.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You can select multiple contacts (hold down the control key when clicking on them) and drag and drop them in one step. I'd assume what takes the most time is identifying which contacts you want to add. If I was in your situation I'd probably expand the address headers in one of the messages and print the first page of that, and then refer to it while selecting contacts in the address book.
colchicum

Post by colchicum »

Thanks, guys. I think I'll leave it for now,. I have too many other things taking up my time. I was hoping there was a quick and easy way to do it.