User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dickvl

Re: Bookmark Toolbar is messed up again

Post by dickvl »

Something went wrong here (misplaced curly brackets):

Code: Select all

/* Add some spacing between rows */
{
#PlacesToolbarItems > .bookmark-item margin: var(--multirow-bmb-row-margin) 3px !important;
}
Should be:

Code: Select all

/* Add some spacing between rows */
#PlacesToolbarItems > .bookmark-item { margin: var(--multirow-bmb-row-margin) 3px !important; }
roninx

Post by roninx »

jscher2000 wrote:Notepad doesn't understand "Unix-style" line breaks and sometimes runs lines together when copy/pasted from a website. You may want to use a different editor such as Notepad++, Atom, or VSCode.
I downloaded Notepad++, went back to github and got the code again, copy & paste into NP++, copy & paste from there to W3C CSS checker and got the same error results.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

roninx wrote:I downloaded Notepad++, went back to github and got the code again, copy & paste into NP++, copy & paste from there to W3C CSS checker and got the same error results.
Well, I wasn't suggesting that userChrome.css rules would pass web standards validation, but that preserving the line breaks in the correct locations could help Firefox better apply the updated file. Any improvement on the bookmarks toolbar?
roninx

Post by roninx »

It is actually working, but there still some errors when I run the checker. I was hoping to fix those errors, just to see what the difference would be, but maybe no one on here knows CSS well enough to help me.

Anyhow, thanks for the help.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

roninx wrote:It is actually working, but there still some errors when I run the checker. I was hoping to fix those errors, just to see what the difference would be, but maybe no one on here knows CSS well enough to help me.
That tool is obsolete: it clearly isn't aware of CSS variables. (https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/ ... properties)

If you want to a more up-to-date linter, here's one. Warning: it is insanely picky.

https://stylelint.io/demo
magasx

Post by magasx »

jscher2000 wrote:Did you put rules in a userChrome.css file to create a multi-line bookmarks toolbar? The old rules don't work properly in Firefox 74, they create a bookmarks toolbar that takes up the entire height of the browser.

Possible solution in the following thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... _in_ff_74/

Any luck?
Worked for me after FF update. Thank you Sir. :)

I had old code and after i change it all multiple bookmarks back again in old position.