Same problem with both Firefox and Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
grzz76

Same problem with both Firefox and Thunderbird

Post by grzz76 »

Lately, I've been having the same issue with both Firefox and Thunderbird---when I start either up, the window is mostly blacked out except for a tiny portion at the top left. (I was going to insert an image but I can't seem to figure out how to do that).

None of the other programs that I open are exhibiting this behavior. Any suggestions to what may be happening?

Thanks.

Windows 10
Dell XPS 8100
DanRaisch

Re: Same problem with both Firefox and Thunderbird

Post by DanRaisch »

See this link for information on posting a screen shot -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

For an alternative explanation on how to post a screenshot to the forum see this: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14830331
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Try turning off hardware acceleration.

Options -> General, Performance. Turn off the checkbox for "Use recommended performance settings". Then, turn off the checkbox for "Use hardware acceleration when available". Close and restart Firefox. Some people report that they need to restart their computer for the setting to take effect.

If that works in Firefox you'll need to turn it off in Thunderbird. I don't know if it's that easy in Thunderbird, though, and I no longer have Thunderbird installed.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.