URL Bar droplist in Firefox v74

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Oomingmak

URL Bar droplist in Firefox v74

Post by Oomingmak »

I want to adjust the position of the site icons in the URL Bar droplist (the old .ac-site-icon css does not seem to work in Firefox v74).

So I thought I'd use the Web Developer Browser Toolbox to find the selector, but the 'Disable Pop-Up Autohide' option does not work for the URL bar. This means that the URL bar closes as soon as I click the Inspector in the Browser Toolbox.

I presume this is standard Firefox behaviour and that the URL richlistbox is not considered a pop-up for some reason.

Can someone please let me know the selector to adjust the position of the URL bar site icons? and also what's the best way to inspect items on the URL bar droplist in FF v74? (seeing as you can't reach them with the Inspector tool).
morat

Re: URL Bar droplist in Firefox v74

Post by morat »

Try searching for the "vbox.urlbarView" selector using the "Search HTML" textbox in the inspector in the browser toolbox.

The vbox element (and its children) is uncolored when the urlbar droplist is closed and colored when the urlbar droplist is opened.

I guess you want the "img.urlbarView-favicon" selector.

There is no need to use the Disable Popup Autohide option.

P.S.

If you can't find the img element in the browser toolbox, then...

* set devtools.inspector.showAllAnonymousContent pref to true, then restart
* open urlbar droplist i.e. show history
* close urlbar droplist
* open browser toolbox
* search for "img.urlbarView-favicon" selector

Similar thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3058208
Oomingmak

Re: URL Bar droplist in Firefox v74

Post by Oomingmak »

Thank you once again for your kind assistance, morat.
morat wrote:I guess you want the "img.urlbarView-favicon" selector.
Yes, that's exactly the selector that I was looking for!

Thanks also for the additional info that you provided with regards to locating selectors that can't be found in the browser toolbox. I have saved this very useful information for future reference.