Lightning calendar vanished

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Francesco312

Lightning calendar vanished

Post by Francesco312 »

In the latest version, Lightning is bundled with Seamonkey.
However, in the extension tab, it still has a "remove" button enabled. I accidentaly cicked it, and the Lightning entry completely disapeared, and I could not re-enable it again.

Fortunately, this was solved by following the instructions from Thunderbird here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ca ... a-versions

I would suggest two things:
first, the "remove" button should be disabled from lightning, since it cannot really be removed but only disabled.
Secondly, I would add the instructions in the link I indicated to "known issues" sections of the release notes, since it took me quite some time to find that.

FYI: using linux, 64 bit version
frg

Re: Lightning calendar vanished

Post by frg »

> first, the "remove" button should be disabled from lightning, since it cannot really be removed but only disabled.

If you click remove it is currently gone/deleted/removed in your profile. Only the settings remain so remove is remove.

> Secondly, I would add the instructions in the link I indicated to "known issues" sections of the release notes, since it took me quite some time to find that.

See known Known Issues. Already there. Does not list all the actual ids but we have more than one in SeaMonkey.

FRG
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Can you not get Lightning back by reinstalling SeaMonkey? I do not want the Remove button removed because I want to be able to remove Lightning.
therube

Post by therube »

(It is an extension, so it should be able to be removed.

I'd think you could get Lightning back by reinstalling Lightning ;-).
As it is, it does exist (persists) at {instalDir}\distribution\extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}.xpi.
Simply drag from there into a SeaMonkey window...)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Francesco312

Post by Francesco312 »

@frg: now I see it in the known issues. Sorry if I missed it before.

@all: the thing is, when I clicked "remove" lightning was not really removed. The reason is that I have a system-wide installation (not per-user) and therefore Lightning, starting from 2.53, is in a system folder (not writeable by users), while only the profile folder is writeable, AFAIK. So when I click remove, lightning remains but the profile is set as if it did not exist any more. This is why I believe the remove button is wrong - it does not do what it should, at least for such installations. Remove should only be available for extensions installed in the profile folder IMO.

Trying to reinstall Seamonkey did not help - probably because Lightning was still there so re-unpacking the archive did not lead to any change
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Francesco312 wrote:Trying to reinstall Seamonkey did not help - probably because Lightning was still there so re-unpacking the archive did not lead to any change
Lightning extension and Calendar's data is in your profile. Reinstalling will not change it.

How to restore "removed" Lightning extension:
Open Browser -> in address bar type "about:config" -> find this preference name:

Code: Select all

extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}
... click RMB (Right Mouse Button) and choose "Reset" -> restart SeaMonkey

After restart Lightning will be restored and all data in you Calendar should be safe.
--