Twiter Videos on SeaMonkey???

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Bob Fam1

Twiter Videos on SeaMonkey???

Post by Bob Fam1 »

When I try to play Twitter videos I get and error that the videos cannot play. They play fine on Firefox.

How can I fix SM so I can play the videos?

Bob.
TPR75

Re: Twiter Videos on SeaMonkey???

Post by TPR75 »

Bob Fam1 wrote:How can I fix SM so I can play the videos?
Update to latest SeaMonkey 2.53.1:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... key2.53.1/
Full offline installer only. Read release notes, make backup.
--
Bob Fam1

Post by Bob Fam1 »

Thanks. I am afraid to update my SM. I don't want to loose all my settings, bookmarks, mail, address book, etc. Is there a way to safely update it?
Is there any way to just add a plugin to view the new format videos. Bob.
Bob.

P.S. To the Administrators - I am not receiving e-mails telling me I have an answer to my posts.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

Bob Fam1 wrote:Thanks. I am afraid to update my SM. I don't want to loose all my settings, bookmarks, mail, address book, etc. Is there a way to safely update it?
Is there any way to just add a plugin to view the new format videos. Bob.
Bob.

P.S. To the Administrators - I am not receiving e-mails telling me I have an answer to my posts.
backup your Profile an then install new SM , your Mail should stay on thew Servers untill you actually delete them Locally from your Mail client., Backup your Bookmarks,

check your Junk Filters to see if your email is going there
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

your Mail should stay on thew Servers untill you actually delete them Locally from your Mail client., Backup your Bookmarks,
Be careful with that advice. It's only true if the necessary options are selected, particularly if the account is set up as a POP type account.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

DanRaisch wrote:
your Mail should stay on thew Servers untill you actually delete them Locally from your Mail client., Backup your Bookmarks,
Be careful with that advice. It's only true if the necessary options are selected, particularly if the account is set up as a POP type account.
if its IMAP the Mail should stay on the server, , the OP of the thread doesnt say what kinda Mail account he has
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
Bob Fam1

Post by Bob Fam1 »

Rabbit4 wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:
if its IMAP the Mail should stay on the server, , the OP of the thread doesnt say what kinda Mail account he has
I am on a POP type account.

Are there any detailed instructions for a complete backup before I update mine? Bob.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Bob Fam1 wrote:Thanks. I am afraid to update my SM. I don't want to loose all my settings, bookmarks, mail, address book, etc. Is there a way to safely update it?
Are you making regular backups of your SeaMonkey's profile? No? Why?! You don't want to loose all you data!

You need to move your profile to "safe place" (e.g. external HDD).

Find your profile. It's there:

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Mozilla
You need to backup there entire "SeaMonkey" folder.

You can use Win7 ZIP function or additional application:
https://www.7-zip.org/
... which will offer additional options (i.a. password protection).
Archive with one file will make faster copying/moving to another (external) drive and you can easily verify its integrity (if archive file isn't corrupted).

Before you'll make backup remember to close all windows of SeaMonkey.

If e.g. update of SeaMonkey will go wrong then you can uninstall it, remove changed profile and retrieve it unchanged from your backup.

Right now SeaMonkey is offered as 64-bit software. You can use it but:
1) first uninstall 32-bit version:

%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\SeaMonkey
(x86 is for 32-bit soft)

2) reboot Win7 (safety reasons)

3) install new 64-bit (x64) SeaMonkey; it will be there:

%PROGRAMFILES%\SeaMonkey
4) reboot Win7 again (just to be sure MSWin will not screw new install)

5) run SeaMonkey.

Latest SeaMonkey 2.53.1 will update your profile. If for some reason you'll need to revert to older (2.46 or 2.49.x) then you must restore (from backup) your profile too otherwise you'll loose some data.

P.S. Don't call for Administrator because something isn't working here. We have delicate situation here... :-"
--
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Rabbit4 wrote:your Mail should stay on thew Servers untill you actually delete them Locally from your Mail client., Backup your Bookmarks,
DanRaisch wrote:Be careful with that advice. It's only true if the necessary options are selected, particularly if the account is set up as a POP type account.
Rabbit4 wrote:if its IMAP the Mail should stay on the server, , the OP of the thread doesnt say what kinda Mail account he has
Bob Fam1 wrote:I am on a POP type account.
Which is why it's dangerous to tell folks that "your Mail should stay on thew Servers..." without knowing what type of account they are dealing with. There's a good chance they have a POP type account and therefore messages from more than a month or so back will have been erased from the server to conserve space.