Asking pop password each time

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
johnsonmathewv

Asking pop password each time

Post by johnsonmathewv »

I have configured 5 email id's in my Thunderbird, Now when i click on Get All New Messages getting error popup of
Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server pop.hostinger.in responded: internal server error
and if i click Ok button, new pop will get for
Login to server pop.hostinger.in with username xx@xxxx.in failed.
with Retry, Enter New Pssword, Cancel Button. If i click on Retry, it will work (because passwords are already saved and checked in saved password list uder Options -> security->Passwords) and these errors will loop for all the 5 mail id's and each click of Get All New Messages. If i select one by one mail account and click Get Mail , with out asking error window it will work.
johnsonmathewv

Re: Asking pop password each time

Post by johnsonmathewv »

I forget to add my soft details, Thunder Bird version is 68.7.0 (64-bit) & OS Windows 10 64bit
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Support
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Mail server pop.hostinger.in responded: internal server error" means there was some sort of problem with the mail server. Usually that is a temporary problem that gets fixed within a day or so. When this occurs the problem doesn't always effect all types of email clients, but your email provider is explicitly stating that its their fault.

You could try adding a IMAP account for that email provider, and see if it works better. They can co-exist as long as you have "leave messages on server" checked in the POP account's server settings. From https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/how ... figuration it appears that you would use imap.hostinger.com on port 993 with SSL enabled.
johnsonmathewv

Post by johnsonmathewv »

But this issues is happen only when i click "Get All New Messages" Button / if i enabled "Check for messages at startup", if i select each mail account and click on "Get Message" button (n noumber of times i can do this and no error), there is no issues. in Thunderbird 68.7.0 (64-bit)
johnsonmathewv

Post by johnsonmathewv »

I checked all the setting in thunderbird and hostinger all are same. And i installed and configured in MS outlook 2013 it's working perfectly, so just uninstalled thunder bird and removed all folders (including profile folder) after that installed again and cofigure mail with pop3 in thunderbird, after that the same error are getting if we configured more accounts.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

So your only problem is that the "Get All New Messages" Button returns an error while checking for new mail in the hostinger account?

I repeat my suggestion you try using a IMAP account with that email provider. You don't have to use all of the extra features IMAP provides.