SENT folder

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
coolmanoh

SENT folder

Post by coolmanoh »

Every email I send shows up twice in the SENT folder making it look as if I sent the email twice. This has occured for the last 13 emails. I am using version 68.8.0.
DanRaisch

Re: SENT folder

Post by DanRaisch »

Is this with a new account or one that was working previously without the duplication?
How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP? In Thunderbird the menu path is Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
coolmanoh

Post by coolmanoh »

This is not a new account; I've been using it for years. The account is setup as IMAP.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Is it a Gmail account?
Have you checked under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders to confirm that the account "Cc these email addresses" does not list that email address?
eisneun

Post by eisneun »

From: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p13651451
Is it for a Gmail account? The Gmail smtp server automatically saves a copy (regardless of what email client you are using), which is why the Gmail instructions say to disable Thunderbird from also saving a copy of the sent message for that account.
see google gmail support:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78892?hl=en
How can ace be one and eleven? Huh?
What kind of god would allow that?
coolmanoh

Post by coolmanoh »

My account is with Outlook, not Gmail
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you checked under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders to confirm that the option for that account to "Cc these email addresses" does not list that email address?
coolmanoh

Post by coolmanoh »

I tried the support.google link. For Outlook it says "1. Open Outlook 2. Click File > Options > Mail > Save messages 3. Unclick....(etc.)". I did that but to get the File tab I had to press Alt. That's as far as I got, since there is no Options tab under File.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That link was offered on the assumption that you were dealing with a Gmail account. Since you have Hotmail that link is not as relevant. Please check the Thunderbird setting I mentioned above.