Upgraded Thunderbird and now my inbox msg are being autodel

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
markb226

Upgraded Thunderbird and now my inbox msg are being autodel

Post by markb226 »

HELP! i just recently allowed thunder bird to update....now, it has happened twice, my unread messages are being auto deleted ?!!! I can show you a screen print from the activity manager this morning that said 'Deleted 1432 messages from inbox' ???? what is going on? this just started after the update and the messages are NOT in the trash bin... PLEASE HELP!
DanRaisch

Re: Upgraded Thunderbird and now my inbox msg are being auto

Post by DanRaisch »

Updated from what past version to what current version?
How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP?
In Thunderbird the menu path is Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
markb226

Post by markb226 »

today I checked the properties on the inbox under the Retention tab and 'use account settings' was checked....so i unchecked it and checked 'never delete messages' I hope this helps, but how do i recover the 1432 messages that it decided to delete after my upgrade?
markb226

Post by markb226 »

current version that it upgraded to is 68.8.0 32 bit. i am not sure the previous version.
It is IMAP
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you accessed that account's web mail page to see if the messages are present in the server inbox or trash/deleted folder?
Also check the current settings under Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Message Storage. Ensure that the following options are NOT selected:
'Clean up ("Expunge") inbox on Exit'"
"Empty Trash on Exit" is checked.

Also right click on the name of the Inbox folder and select "Properties" then click on the "Retention Policy" tab. Make sure that the option "Don't delete any messages" IS selected.
markb226

Post by markb226 »

i did ALL those and none of them are selected. I logged in to the webmail and the messages are not in the trash/deleted folder.
clean up on exit is not checked
empty trash on exit is not checked

the retention policy said 'use account settings', .so i unchecked it and checked 'never delete messages'
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

I apologize if this is too obvious, but ...

Do you have TBird set to only show UNREAD messages? Check via View | Messages.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers