Problem installing userChrome.css

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Odin2

Problem installing userChrome.css

Post by Odin2 »

Having had to reinstall Win10, I've been trying to again set up my userChrome.css file. I've changed my toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets preference to true, but after restart my userChrome file is not taking effect. I see that Windows 10 tells me that it's a "text document" file, not a "Cascading Style Sheet" file. Is that the problem? If so (or if not), what can I do?
BuddhaNature

Re: Problem installing userChrome.css

Post by BuddhaNature »

To me it sounds like your chrome file is titled something like userChrome.css.txt You would need to check in Windows if you have Windows setup to always show/display file extensions. If the extension is .txt then you would need to delete that and make sure that the file really does have the title userChrome.css

You can see more detail on this here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14777671

Maybe someone else will have other ideas on what the problem might be.
Last edited by BuddhaNature on May 24th, 2020, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odin2

Re: Problem installing userChrome.css

Post by Odin2 »

Many thanks, BuddhaNature, for your quick and helpful reply. The problem is solved now. It's very strange--the file, which had just the txt extension [and renaming didn't work], now had the css.txt extension, which I was able change to just css by renaming. This actually happened just the same in my previous Win10 installation, as I recall.