HOSTINGER SMTP Not Working !

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
rodhudson

HOSTINGER SMTP Not Working !

Post by rodhudson »

Hi . I’ve been having some problems with my ISP, so have taken on a 30 day trial with HOSTINGER.

But things are not going well. I COULD set up one Domain with the Hostinger’s settings. But when I set up the 2nd one, and set the SMTP user name for that one, it changes the first one as well….which then doesn’t work.

Hostinger are saying there’s nothing wrong, but clearly there is ! Although things do seem to be OK on their webmail.

I was told their ‘Engineers’ would make some adjustments.

Which they clearly did, as now NEITHER of my Domains with them are working !
Any thoughts ? Apart from a different ISP !!
DanRaisch

Re: HOSTINGER SMTP Not Working !

Post by DanRaisch »

When you set up the second email account in Thunderbird did you also create a second SMTP server definition? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_: ... TP_Servers
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

I thought I had..... but will check your link. I may not have done it correctly.
Although now NEITHER of them are working, whereas I always had at least ONE of the two working, according to whichever name was in the 'user field' of the SMTP set up.

But I will check the link.
Thanks
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

I've Printed out a lot of that LINK, and it seems that the ERROR MESSAGE I am getting most often is:-

"SENDING THE MESSAGE FAILED. THE MESSAGE COULD NOT BE SENT BECAUSE THE CONNECTION TO THE OUTGOING SERVER [SMTP] smtp.hostinger.com WAS LOST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRANSACTION. TRY AGAIN".

I think I'm going to re-point the second Domain, which was when the problem seemed to start, back to the original ISP, and see if that helps !
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

I've done as above, but still CAN receive, but NOT send.

SMTP set-up is defo correct.

So really stuck now. Hostinger suggest a new EMAIL CLIENT....but I really don't want to change.

Surely there must be a way to get this working ?

Or do I have to forget the NEW ISP, and return to the 'OLD@ one ?

That would rather defeat the object of a TEST..... but I do need to have these Domains working.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried using Google for the SMTP server? https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/how ... mtp-server
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

No. I haven't. But I will read up on it, and give it a try.

Will report back afterwards.
Thanks.
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

I decided to terminate my trial with Hostinger, and revert to INMOTION...... still have problems back there now !

I have to give PROPAGATION a few more hours, but starting to wonder if I have a T-BIRD problem, with some corruption ?

Wondering if I should download a new copy and start again ? Can you have 2 copies of the program on one PC ?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Problems such as you are reporting are more often from something in the profile and not the program files themselves. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Files_and_fol ... hunderbird

What specific problems are you having with INMOTION? To what are you referring when you speak of "PROPOGATION"?
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

The PROPAGATION I was referring to, was changing the MX, and checking the DNS files that got changed 'to and fro' between INMOTIONHOSTING, and HOSTINGER HOSTING.

But I've been in contact with INMOTION SUPPORT as well, and I think they have sorted it, as a 'Trainee' answered me a while ago, and something was set to 'LOCAL' which should not have been.

So I need to do some more TESTING now ! But things are looking UP !

I will let you know.
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

All OK again ! But trying to change
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

Sorry ! All OK again ! But trying to change 2 of my 4 Domains to HOSTINGER for a trial was a total disaster.

Now, in hindsight, after investigation, I realise that BOTH ISPs are in part to blame for this.

HOSTINGER keep coming up with a message that the 'NAMESERVERS MUST BE CHANGED..... when they didn't have to be, just for Emails, is the MX.

Also, INMOTION had a 'Trainee' on Duty, who managed to set something to 'LOCAL' when it should NOT have been.

Anyway......... sorry to have bothered you. But I'm just back where I started and will need to try a 'change' again later.

But not for a while, after all this !

By the way....just for interest......CAN 2 copies of T-BIRD be run on the same PC ?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you mean both copies running in memory at the same time, then generally, No. See this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Run_multiple_ ... _same_time
rodhudson

Post by rodhudson »

OK. I've read the Article, and it seems all clear, and fair enough.

My problem is solved now, but what I had in mind, when I did have a problem centred on 1 Domain, was if I could move the other 3 Domains to a separate copy of Thuunderbird, so they could run 'unimpeded' by the problem one.

But that's 'academic' now, as all is 'good' again.

So....... I needn't trouble you anymore !

HOPEFULLY !
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, it doesn't seem to be necessary now but you could separate the domains by having separate Thunderbird profiles, not separate installations of the program. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird