Default Account

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
John-Jay

Default Account

Post by John-Jay »

THUNDERBIRD Ver 68.9.0 (32 bit)

In my Thunderbird set-up I have 3 Email Accounts, the first is now an Unused Account, but the Information is kept for Historic reasons (in other words, I DON'T want to delete it).

Whenever I'm in a Web-Page & click on a "ContactUs" Email Address, Thunderbird opens up a New Message Window, but with the "From" being automatically filled up with the 1st Account's details - whilst I appreciate that I can simply used the Drop-Down Box & re-select the correct Account Details, I really would like to make the 2nd Account the "Default-Account".

I've looked at the various Settings/Options & have not managed to find where I can re-specify which Account should be the Default!!

Can anyone advise please??

Many Thanks,
John-Jay
tanstaafl

Re: Default Account

Post by tanstaafl »

tools -> options -> account settings, select the account you want to be the default and then use "set as default" in the Account Actions list box at the bottom.

Setting an account as default will make it show up at the top of the folder pane when you restart Thunderbird. See https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... t-folders/ if you want to change the order of accounts.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You should be okay keeping the unused account, but it might be safer to move the folders from the unused account into "Local Folders". If you create a child folder with a unique name in Local Folders you can just drag and drop the folders to it without worrying about naming conflicts. That copies the folders. Afterwards you can delete the original folders etc.
John-Jay

Post by John-Jay »

Hi, @tanstaafl,

Many thanks for your help! Now sorted thanks to your help!

John-Jay