[SOLVED] file of accepted preferences

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ineuw

[SOLVED] file of accepted preferences

Post by ineuw »

Is there a file of of active references of a session? I am not referring prefs.js, user.js, or the list of modified references on the troubleshooting page. Or, if there isn't such a file, how can I print out a complete list and their values of about:config?
Last edited by ineuw on July 7th, 2020, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
Grumpus

Re: file of accepted preferences

Post by Grumpus »

Recent versions of about:config have allowed a complete copy of names and values.
Using select all or hold left click moving your cursor down for whatever section, group or entirely, right click and copy.
This is useful for comparisons between systems using the same version of Firefox.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
morat

Post by morat »

You can save the list as prefs.htm using the web console and a text editor.

i.e. right click <html> tag, copy outer html, open text editor, paste, save as prefs.htm

You can color the user set prefs by adding an inline style.

Code: Select all

- <meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="default-src chrome:; object-src 'none'">
+ <style type="text/css">tr.has-user-value { color: red; }</style>
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Thank you both. Copied and pasted them directly into a text file. I also found a method to clean up my user.js file and remove the non-applicable preferences. They were lockPrefs and questions about which I will post separately.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05