Thunderbird works then crashes and its blank

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
gala1208

Thunderbird works then crashes and its blank

Post by gala1208 »

I did install the old hard drive in the laptop,used mozbackup to create a profile cvs file from thunderbird and saved it on an external hard drive. Then I did install the new ssd in the laptop,made a new thunderbird installation and used mozbackup to restore thunderbird. After this ive choosen the profile on which it restored it to and it worked perfectly, until the moment I shut down the program and when I started it again I get this message with a blank thunderbird which doesnt work at all. Any help please?
Also how can I post a photo here?any help is much appreciated.

The issue has been resolved thanks to the moderators advise to reinstall the software.Thank you so much
Last edited by gala1208 on July 14th, 2020, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanstaafl

Re: Thunderbird works then crashes and its blank

Post by tanstaafl »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum

Try launching Thunderbird in safe mode (temporarily disables all add-ons) by holding down the Shift key when clicking on the shortcut.
gala1208

Post by gala1208 »

tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I suspect Thunderbird didn't install cleanly due to the red error text at the bottom . I'm used to seeing that as a rare problem when auto-updating. Try uninstalling, downloading a new setup, and re-installing. It should automatically find and reuse your old profile, but I suggest you backup the profile first as a precaution.

Mozbackup creates a *.pcv file. I'm puzzled by your reference to a .cvs file. Typo? Mozbackup is no longer recommended, its been unmaintained for way too long and I'm not certain how well it can handle the format changes in profiles.ini for version 68.
gala1208

Post by gala1208 »

yeah was a typo the pcv file.I tried also to copy the profile from the old hard drive on an external device, then reinstall the new hard drive and paste it on the roaming profile area of the hard drive.The result is the same , thunderbird works once but then is blank like on the photo attached.Really confused on what to do here.
gala1208

Post by gala1208 »

Thunderbird re installed works fine but without the profile what I have been using, only with a new profile. Any ideas on this please?