Remove Bookmarks

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
U812

Remove Bookmarks

Post by U812 »

I've searched but haven't found a way to remove all bookmarks. I can select all but delete or cut is grayed out. I want to clear them and import a clean file from Firefox. Is it possible to remove them somehow without removing profile which would also remove saved data like passwords.
frg

Re: Remove Bookmarks

Post by frg »

In the Library Tools->Restore->Choose File.

Didn't try with a recent Firefox backup but in theory should work. Or try to just copy places.sqlite over but with the post 56 removals of fields might not work.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

I don't have SM installed at the moment but in Firefox ; Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks ( or the equivalent) > 'highlight' any bookmark on the right then CTRL A > right click > Delete. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 4#p2525234
@I've done this with SM.
Last edited by mightyglydd on June 30th, 2020, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
frg

Post by frg »

Yes but if you select everything delete will be grayed out because it is not possible to delete some root links
frg

Post by frg »

Other options would be to delete places.sqlite when SeaMonkey is closed and just import from a html bookmark file afterwards. Also needs all backups to be removed.
U812

Post by U812 »

frg wrote:Other options would be to delete places.sqlite when SeaMonkey is closed and just import from a html bookmark file afterwards. Also needs all backups to be removed.
Thank you. I forgot this is regarding Seamonkey 2.53.2. Did you mean close seamonkey and delete places.sqlite from the programs folder.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

If you select Bookmarks on the left side, you can delete all on the right side. Then select Bookmarks Toolbar on the left and delete all on the right side.
U812

Post by U812 »

Thank You.