[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

There was a time Firefox offered that line by default in tab not on top mode. Later it was disabled and reenabled again. So some users require it other want it to be gone. ;-)

To override it inside CustomCSSforFx Fx65+ styles, this will work once added to userChrome.css

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme {
  border-bottom: 1px solid black !important;
}
Ledragonnantais

Post by Ledragonnantais »

Aris wrote:There was a time Firefox offered that line by default in tab not on top mode. Later it was disabled and reenabled again. So some users require it other want it to be gone. ;-)

To override it inside CustomCSSforFx Fx65+ styles, this will work once added to userChrome.css

#TabsToolbar,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme {
}

Works flawlessly thanks a lot. I really don't know how people can navigate with this bar. It's like "Hey look at me I'm here, focus on me" , on any dark website :lol:.
Prof. Martelo

Post by Prof. Martelo »

Ledragonnantais wrote:
Aris wrote:There was a time Firefox offered that line by default in tab not on top mode. Later it was disabled and reenabled again. So some users require it other want it to be gone. ;-)

#TabsToolbar,
}

Works flawlessly thanks a lot. I really don't know how people can navigate with this bar. It's like "Hey look at me I'm here, focus on me" , on any dark website :lol:.
I also have the same problem and this didn´t work for me:

my setup:
@import "./config/general_variables.css"; /**/
@import "./config/color_variables_aero.css"; /**/ /* <- 'AeroBlue' colors (Win 7 Aero) */
@import "./css/tabs/tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx65.css"; /**/ /* <-- tabs not on top Fx65+ */
@import "./css/toolbars/general_toolbar_colors.css"; /**/
Bruno Nascimento

Post by Bruno Nascimento »

Hello, I'm on MacOS, and I started to tinker with Waterfox 68 Alpha yesterday (I'll eventually have to change, so why not).

Using Custom CSS 2.5.3 I was able to leave almost everything how I wanted to, but 3 1 thing seem to be above my kung-fu:

- I can't for the life of me reduce tabbar height. It's currently at 33px, while I want it at 24. Also, the active tab seems to be 1px higher than the others, I don't know why.
- I'd like to make the search field wider, with about 360px.
- I'd also would like to scale the magifying glass icon i the search field to about 65% it's size, and reduce it's opacity to about 70 to 75%.

Thx in advance. Any help is appreciated.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Prof
Not sure if the problem still exists, but testing on a clean profile with CustomCSSforFx full package should offer a proper result.

@Bruno
Same here, testing on a clean profile with CustomCSSforFx full package should offer a proper result. Tab height can be set within the general variables file.

Future CustomCSSforFx questions or issue reports should be done within the CustomCSSforFx repository on Github.

CTR is dead/discontinued.
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

Can I use custom CSS to get FF's correct behavior for the Windows 8 theme on Windows 10, when I upgrade?

This used to be a problem before. FF didn't use the taskbar color anymore and the appearance looked wretched.
Aris

Post by Aris »

No idea, I don't use custom themes on Win10.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:No idea, I don't use custom themes on Win10.
Well, I was asking about you custom CSS, so I guess not.

Once you said you implemented such feature for CTS. I just don't know if you could do it via CSS only or you had to use other stuff.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

you need to tell the firefox version, so current v68 behave different than waterfox/firefox v56.
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

Hi Aris,

Is it possible to use css to adjust site favicon positioning and margins in the URL bar drop-list while using CTR's 'Classic' Location Bar option?

Location Bar > Autocomplete Popup > Alternative appearance (classic)

With that particular CTR option enabled, manually applied css changes to the horizontal positioning / spacing of site icons, site titles or urls, doesn't seem to work. I even tried putting my css into CTR's own Custom CSS section, but it still didn't work.

Manual css changes do work perfectly fine if the CTR classic location bar option is disabled; but if I do that then I'd have to go though the hassle of writing a whole load of css just to re-create the classic Location Bar view and get back to where I already was. So I'd rather not go that route if there is a way that I can apply some css tweaks to the URL bar drop-list while CTR's Alternative appearance Location Bar setting is enabled.
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

I remember talking a good while ago about an option of CTR that restores Firefox's theme's usage of the titlebar color on Windows 10.
Now I upgraded to W10 (staying on 8.1 is getting unmaintainable because of new HW), but I can't find that option, and the GUI remains grey. Where is it?

I seem to have found it. Toolbars, page 3: "Navigation Toolbar: Remove background color". (Which seems to effect everything actually)
Ð∆rkm∆††әr

Post by Ð∆rkm∆††әr »

Hello, and Thank You Aris for your time and continued dedication on this extension.

I have an IBM laptop dedicated to WIN XP, my favorite OS & I recently decided to return to Firefox after many years. I have installed ...
  • Firefox ESR 52.9.0
as many XP users have at this point. I downloaded Classic Theme Restorer to backup, but it is from 2014, so it isn't close to this release.
  • Could you recommend your most appropriate release for this Firefox version?
Anyone who wishes to invite opinion on this is also welcome to share.
  • ( Apologies if this question has been asked and ansered, there are many posts here! :) )
Thanks Again!!!
Aris

Post by Aris »

You can find last CTR release(s) on Github: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... /releases/

If the add-on has to be signed, this one is the last one: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... ag/1.7.7.3
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

Why did you archive this on Github? My default browser for several years now is Basilisk and I have CTR 1.7.8.2019.01.21 installed on it. But apparently, I only have three earlier versions of the xpi file saved to disk. So, I just read the thread in Pale Moon forum/Basilisk on this issue and I panicked.

What do any of us do now if we don't have a saved file of the last version? I can't imagine not using this extension!!!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Scarlettrunner20 wrote:What do any of us do now if we don't have a saved file of the last version?
Actually read and look at the archive page?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)