(Resolved) New installation - how to link to my old profile?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Clued2it

(Resolved) New installation - how to link to my old profile?

Post by Clued2it »

I have re-installed Windows and also all my programs. Previously my Thunderbird profile was on D drive. The profile is intact after the Windows re-installation. How may I point the newly installed Thunderbird to my previous profile on D drive? I would like to keep my Thunderbird profile on D drive.

EDIT: I started Thunderbird with from the Run app and I added a -P parameter to the command line. I then managed to add the profile folder which is on D drive and started Thunderbird. It appears to be alright now.
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 2nd, 2020, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Resolved added to subject per OP's report.
tanstaafl

Re: (Resolved) New installation - how to link to my old prof

Post by tanstaafl »

FYI you can also use the about:profiles link in help -> troubleshooting information to specify what profile is the default profile or to temporarily use a different profile. That is frequently more convenient, but relies upon the information in profiles.ini to let it find the profile (unlike what you did).
Clued2it

Re: (Resolved) New installation - how to link to my old prof

Post by Clued2it »

tanstaafl wrote:FYI you can also use the about:profiles link in help -> troubleshooting information to specify what profile is the default profile or to temporarily use a different profile. That is frequently more convenient, but relies upon the information in profiles.ini to let it find the profile (unlike what you did).
Thank you, I didn't know that.