Lost Addons Buttons with v 9.0

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Briar2345

Lost Addons Buttons with v 9.0

Post by Briar2345 »

Hello,

After installing version 9 there are no longer any add-ons buttons on the toolbar.

I have searched online for a solution, but found none. This means I can no longer use these add-ons requiring a click such as my password manager and URL shortener to name a few.

The only buttons on the taskbar are 'show sidebars', >> More tools and the three bar menu. 'Search using DuckDuckGo is there, but invisible. I replaced the prefs.js file with an earlier one from May, but that changed nothing.

The only solution I have not tried is to download an earlier version and prevent it updating. I cannot work without at least a password manager !

Please help.

Briar
DanRaisch

Re: Lost Addons Buttons with v 9.0

Post by DanRaisch »

You refer to installing "version 9". Is it safe for us to assume that you meant "version 79.0"?
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Are they on the overflow list (>> button at the right end of the bar)?

Are they available in the customize panel to add back to the bar? https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customiz ... d-toolbars

Are they hidden because you're using private windows and they are not enabled for private windows?
Briar2345

Post by Briar2345 »

jscher2000 wrote:Are they on the overflow list (>> button at the right end of the bar)?
Thank you for your reply. No. They are nowhere to be found !
Are they available in the customize panel to add back to the bar? https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customiz ... d-toolbars
'Add-ons' is listed. If I move that to the taskbar, clicking on the icon/button takes me to the Add-Ons Management page, it doesn't restore the buttons.

Later I found some of my add-ons listed, I moved one or two up to the toolbar, but they did not appear there after exiting the customise page. Now they are no longer listed in the customise toolbar page - they're gone for good I fear.
Are they hidden because you're using private windows and they are not enabled for private windows?
No. Not using private windows.

Regards

Briar
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you try Restore Defaults in the right-click context menu?
Briar2345

Post by Briar2345 »

That restores only '..download progress', 'View history/Saved bookmarks...' Firefox account' and the three bar menu. Not the ones I need such as my shorten URL, passwork manage etc.

--

Briar
Briar2345

Post by Briar2345 »

DanRaisch wrote:You refer to installing "version 9". Is it safe for us to assume that you meant "version 79.0"?
I have version 79, so I probably should have said 78 (?) or whatever version was on here before 79 wrecked Firefox.

I have downloaded firefox setup 78.0.2.exe.

Perhaps I should uninstall and try re-installing v 79 ?

--

Briar
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Downgrading from version 79 is not as simple as replacing the program files. See this article -- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/de ... stallation