Home Page Menu Link - Please

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
bluewizard

Home Page Menu Link - Please

Post by bluewizard »

Right now the only way to change the page I'm on to my Home Page is with ALT-HOME, but that means moving from the Mouse to the Keyboard. It would be nice if HOME was on the Menu/Address Bar or if it was in the Right Click Menu.

Right now the Right Click Menu has -

[Back]
[Forward]
[Reload]
[Stop]

All very handy, but it would be nice if you added [HOME]

[Back]
[Forward]
[Reload]
[Stop]
[Home]

Seems like a small change, but it would be very helpful ... at least to me.

Just passing it on for your consideration.

Bluewizard
TPR75

Re: Home Page Menu Link - Please

Post by TPR75 »

bluewizard wrote:Right now the only way to change the page I'm on to my Home Page is with ALT-HOME, but that means moving from the Mouse to the Keyboard. It would be nice if HOME was on the Menu/Address Bar or if it was in the Right Click Menu.
You can try to configure throbber (animated SeaMonkey logo in top right of every window) with URL to your home page

Type "about:config" in address bar and search for "throbber.url" preferences (5 entries) then change their values.
--
frg

Post by frg »

> Type "about:config" in address bar and search for "throbber.url" preferences (5 entries) then change their values.

This would stop working in 2.53.4. As you found we had about 5 different urls all pointing to the project homepage and basically identical to app.vendorURL which is now used in 2.53.4 instead.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1642450

FRG
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

bluewizard wrote:Right now the only way to change the page I'm on to my Home Page is with ALT-HOME, but that means moving from the Mouse to the Keyboard.
Why not just use the toolbar Home button?

Seems likely you're just not seeing that toolbar button, so, right click any toolbar, select Customize and drag the Home button from the Bookmark Toolbar to the Navigation Toolbar or whatever.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Frank Lion wrote:
bluewizard wrote:Right now the only way to change the page I'm on to my Home Page is with ALT-HOME, but that means moving from the Mouse to the Keyboard.
They could have View > Show/Hide > Bookmarks Toolbar disabled.

They could move the mouse to Go in the Menu bar, select it, then select Home from that menu. If they have the Menu bar enabled in View > Show/Hide.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

WaltS48 wrote:They could have View > Show/Hide > Bookmarks Toolbar disabled.
Yep, I was taking that as being pretty self-evident when I wrote -
Seems likely you're just not seeing that toolbar button....
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
bluewizard

Post by bluewizard »

Frank Lion wrote:

Seems likely you're just not seeing that toolbar button, so, right click any toolbar, select Customize and drag the Home button from the Bookmark Toolbar to the Navigation Toolbar or whatever.
I like to keep my screen compact. Yes, I now discover that if I open the Bookmarks Tool Bar - HOME - is there, but I can't drag it any where. I'm not sure why - Home - is not in the Main Toolbar. The Address Line is HUGE, I'm sure some real estate could be sacrificed to add - Home to the Main Tool Bar (Navigation Bar?).

The handiest though would be if - Home - was in the Right Click Navigation Menu list as I illustrated -

[Back]
[Forward]
[Reload]
[Stop]
[Home]

I can get the Right Click Menu to pop up by clicking anywhere on the screen, for the most part, I don't have to move my mouse anywhere. Just click and the Menu would be there.

OK, I got it. I dragged - Home- from the Bookmark Tool Bar into the Nagivation Bar Customize window, then from there back onto the Navigation/Address Bar.

So now my Navigation/Address Bar looks like this -

[Back] [Forward] [Reload] [Stop] [Home] [ ....Address Line....][ Search] [Print] [Seamonkey Logo]

Kind of a convoluted path, but it got the job done.

Thanks for the help.

I could NOT drag directly from the Bookmark Tool Bar to the Navigation/Address Tool Bar, but moving [Home] into the Navigation/Address Bar Customize, then allowed me to drag it from Customize on to the Navigation/Address Tool Bar.

It would still be nice if [Home] was in the Right Click on the Screen Menu.

Still, I have a solution for now. This thread might be handy if someone else is missing the use of the [Home] button on the screen.

Thanks again, in general, the problem is resolved.

Steve/bluewizard