Shut down when downloads complete?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
slickrcbd

Shut down when downloads complete?

Post by slickrcbd »

Until Firefox 57, I had an option to either quit Firefox or shut down the computer when the downloads complete.
Unfortunately, that add-on was not one that was installed or that feature was removed with the new extension format.
I can't recall which one added that function, as I had several things installed that could have done it, like Downthemall, Flashgot, unplug, etc.
Is there another extension that can replicate that option?
LIMPET235

Re: Shut down when downloads complete?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
I have no idea as to which extension performed that shut down action, as I do not use those
extensions you posted.
Perhaps if you searched the Addons site, you may find another extension that does what you require?

Moving this to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

Did anybody figure out if there is an extension to bring back this option again? Even if it were limited to merely making Firefox quit when downloads were complete, I could set up a batch file to launch Firefox and turn off the computer after Firefox quits, assuming that Windows 10 would still wait until Firefox quits before executing the next line in the batch file.
I'd like to set my computer to download a large file when I goto bed, then quietly shut off the computer when finished.
When possible I use an external downloader, that can do this, but it is not always possible, especially for things that need authentication.
For Work, I'd accept solutions for Chrome as they actually endorse Chrome there. It's obvious from where I'm posting what I prefer for personal use.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

BuddhaNature

Post by BuddhaNature »

If what you are after is a shutdown (though other scenarios are possible) then I would very much recommend Amp WinOFF. Should be in everyone's computer tool-box.

If you don't want to fully install it to your system then just choose the 'zip' download and it will function as a portable once you unpack the zip. (I have used it for years as a portable and it works just fine.)

Edit: To use the program just launch 'WinOFF.exe'
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

Thank you.