justwatch problem in SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
lem3

justwatch problem in SeaMonkey

Post by lem3 »

Sometime in the past two or so weeks they changed the code at https://www.justwatch.com/ which "broke" display in SeaMonkey, where "broke" means the home page is blank with just a black background.
Things that don't help:
Use User Agent Switcher to spoof Firefox 79.0
Start SM in Safe Mode
Access the site using a clean, default SM profile

There is one error in the console:
Timestamp: 8/7/2020, 2:17:35 PM
Error: TypeError: Object.fromEntries is not a function
Source File: https://www.justwatch.com/appassets/075 ... 12435c5.js
Line: 1

I'm not certain that's relevant since the site works in FF 79 and Chrome 84.0.4147.105. The page doesn't seem to use any HTML tags other than <LINK>, <STYLE> and <SCRIPT>. Lots of scripts.

Anything else I should try?
frg

Re: justwatch problem in SeaMonkey

Post by frg »

Should be fixed Monday in Bills late Sunday 2.53.5b1 pre build. Fix came too late for today.

Waterfox fixed it first so I got a hint which patches from mozilla to pick. Made it easier.

https://github.com/MrAlex94/Waterfox/pull/1696
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:Should be fixed Monday in Bills late Sunday 2.53.5b1 pre build. Fix came too late for today.

Waterfox fixed it first so I got a hint which patches from mozilla to pick. Made it easier.

https://github.com/MrAlex94/Waterfox/pull/1696
frg,

Have stopped loading up beta pre versions, however I see we are at 2.53.5b1 pre now. Should we be looking soon for a 2.54 or an official 2.53.xxx interim version?

Tks

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
therube

Post by therube »

Official 2.53.4 - at some point in the future.
(Anyhow, you [or I] could put the latest 2.53.5b & confirm that this issue is fixed.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

> Official 2.53.4 - at some point in the future.

2.53.4b1 has been cooked yesterday. Just waiting for ewong now to work his magic. Please use the .4 beta instead of waiting for the official ga. We need testers. Despite a red warning in the upcoming release notes as usual you should be able to go back to 2.53.3 without issues (other than reinstalling Lightning and language packs).
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:Official 2.53.4 - at some point in the future.
(Anyhow, you [or I] could put the latest 2.53.5b & confirm that this issue is fixed.)
therube,

If you'll try it out, so shall I, but tomorrow.... too late today. <g>

Nick
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

ndebord wrote:
therube wrote:Official 2.53.4 - at some point in the future.
therube,

If you'll try it out, so shall I, but tomorrow.... too late today. <g>

Nick
therube,

Yup, works just fine now with this 2.53.5 beta 1 pre

Nick
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

frg wrote:> Official 2.53.4 - at some point in the future.

2.53.4b1 has been cooked yesterday. Just waiting for ewong now to work his magic. Please use the .4 beta instead of waiting for the official ga. We need testers. Despite a red warning in the upcoming release notes as usual you should be able to go back to 2.53.3 without issues (other than reinstalling Lightning and language packs).
frg,

FWIW, Seamonkey 2.53.4 Beta 1 fails on justwatch too.

Nick
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

That site works only with Safari for me. I have 5 browsers, and only Safari can use it.
therube

Post by therube »

The site loads, & displays just fine (in 2.53.5, maybe before too?), but after that, can't say I know how to use it?
Didn't (particularly) see any demo or preview area (only pay)?
And if the movies are DRM'd, they won't work in SeaMonkey in any case.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lem3

Post by lem3 »

therube wrote:The site loads, & displays just fine (in 2.53.5, maybe before too?), but after that, can't say I know how to use it?
Search for a movie ("A Night at the Opera"), click the icon in the results. You're taken to a page showing a list of online services where you can watch it.
frg

Post by frg »

The original issue has been fixed. If there are other Issues I don't know.

Seems to be the web standard of the day lately. Now imgur is broken too. So cool to use half baked latest css/html5 features.
lem3

Post by lem3 »

Somebody with influence must have complained, justwatch.com works again in SM 2.53.3.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:The site loads, & displays just fine (in 2.53.5, maybe before too?), but after that, can't say I know how to use it?
therube,

As I said before, I am sticking with official releases these days, but I do keep a separate (Portable) version that I use to test beta releases. All things taken into account, I will be happy to see an official release of 2.53.5.

Nick
frg

Post by frg »

> As I said before, I am sticking with official releases these days

You can use the 2.53.4b1 release. If no one tests the betas everyone will be sorry in case we overlooked something. Usually the current betas are for me release quality. Because of the WG9s builds bad things and crashers are weeded out pretty fast.

FRG